Ask the editor: Does a development have to go before Flower Mound Town Council in order for it to get approved?


At the Oct. 8 Flower Mound Planning and Zoning Commission meeting, the town’s second hotel was approved with a vote of 5-1.

The hotel, which will be located at the River Walk at Central Park at the southwest intersection of Central Park Avenue and River Walk Drive, will not come before Town Council for approval.

In Flower Mound, if a developer brings forth a site plan for a development that requires no variances or exceptions to the town’s standards, it will only need to gain approval from the P&Z commission.

Developments that require rezoning or a special use permit will also have to go before Town Council.

Since the land is zoned for uses such as a hotel, the council cannot legally deny a developer from building a hotel on the land if it meets all of the town’s standards, ordinances and regulations.

The hotel, which will be named Home2 Suites by Hilton River Walk, will be an extended-stay, four-story hotel that features 100 rooms, a pool and a small meeting area.

Share this story

Leave A Reply

Sherelle Black
Sherelle joined Community Impact Newspaper in July 2014 as a reporter for the Grapevine/Colleyville/Southlake edition. She was promoted in 2015 to editor of the GCS edition. In August 2017, Sherelle became the editor of the Lewisville/Flower Mound/Highland Village edition. Sherelle covers transportation, economic development, education and features.
Back to top