ColorPalooza is a family-friendly event designed to showcase the cultural, artistic and eco-friendly spirit of Lewisville. The inclement weather has forced the cancellation of some activities, but attendees will have several events indoors to keep them entertained.
Here are the events that will still happen:
- Chalk This Way Scholarship Contest;
- DIY Tie-Dye presented by Kris Tee’s;
- DIY Origami presented by Loves Residential Realty;
- interactive art such as: Teaching Artist Network (rock painting and sculptures); Painting with a Twist (paper plate painting); Design Time (butterfly magnets); Thoughtful Hands (earth pigment demos and painting); Visual Arts League of Lewisville (art trading cards); Chinese and Japanese calligraphy;
- artist demonstrations presented by PomBomb Media;
- veterans Poppy Public Art project; and
- art installation from The Color Condition and streamer stick activity.
There will be cultural dance performances and live music performed throughout the day in MCL Grand’s Main Performance Hall. Righteous BBQ will be on-site selling food and drinks.
The updated performance schedule is:
- 10:30 a.m.—Zaara Belly Dance;
- 11:30 a.m.—Alma y Corazon Tejano Ballet Folklorico;
- 12:30 p.m.—Mariachi Rosas Divinas;
- 1:45 p.m.—Grace Hula Dance;
- 2:45 p.m.—La Pompe;
- 4 p.m.—Jagoda Dance Ensemble; and
- 4:45 p.m.—Milaana Dance.
Attendees also have the chance to enjoy the artistic creativity of residents as part of the reCOLORcycle display. More than 30 highly decorated 55-gallon recycle bins are on display around MCL Grand.
ColorPalooza admission and all activities are free except the DIY Tie Dye presented by Kris Tee’s, which is $5 per shirt, cash only. For more information and a complete rundown of the day’s events, visit www.lewisvillecolorpalooza.com.