Due to winter weather in the region, a number of city facilities and services have been canceled for Jan. 31. Below is a list of impacted facilities and operations.
- Dallas Public Library: Library facilities are closed Jan. 31 and will reopen at noon on Feb. 1. The city recommends calling ahead to ensure a library facility is open.
- Garbage and recycling collection: Tuesday collections have been canceled. No decision has been made about resuming services on Feb. 1. Updates will be posted on the city’s department of sanitation services website.
- Parks and recreation: Dallas Park and Recreation centers are closed Jan. 31, and associated activities have been canceled. No decision has been made on reopening and resuming programming on Feb. 1.
- WIC facilities: All WIC facilities are closed Jan. 31, except for the location at 8202 Spring Valley Road, Ste. 100.
- Courts: All scheduled dockets have been canceled for Jan. 31. Jurors will receive rescheduling information by mail.
Also due to the weather, the city of Dallas activated a number of its temporary inclement weather shelters beginning Jan. 30, including locations at 2929 Hickory St., 3014 Oak Lawn Ave. and 3028 Malcom X Blvd. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for Dallas and surrounding counties until 6 a.m. on Feb. 2.
More information on city-related weather updates can be found here.