Colleyville secures funding for Cheek-Sparger Road reconstruction

Colleyville has secured funding for work on Cheek-Sparger Road.

Colleyville has secured funding for work on Cheek-Sparger Road.

Construction on Cheek-Sparger Road in Colleyville is set to begin in spring 2020 after the City Council approved a funding agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation.

The council originally approved the project in September 2018. At that time, the city planned to use funds from a Local Project Advance Funding agreement, according to meeting documents. However, in May the city was informed that the funding for this agreement was no longer available.

"We were short on that timeline," Colleyville Public Works Director Ray Silva-Reyes told the council.

Since then, staff has been working with TxDOT to secure a new funding source for the project. TxDOT has agreed to fund 80% of the project, and the city will fund the other 20%, Silva-Reyes said.

The project will reconstruct Cheek-Sparger Road from San Bar Lane to Oakbriar Lane and will add shoulders, curbs, gutters and storm drainage, according to meeting documents. Council said the project will help make the road safer.

The city estimates the project will cost $901,391, according to meeting documents. The city’s portion of the funding will come from the Tax Increment Financing fund.
SHARE THIS STORY


MOST RECENT

(Graphics by Ellen Jackson/Community Impact Newspaper)
Southlake's median sales price increases more than $50,000 from October 2018 to October 2019 and more area market data

Learn more about the real estate market in Grapevine, Colleyville and Southlake from October 2019.

After opening in Colleyville more than 20 years ago, McIlvain & Associates is preparing to move to a new location in Southlake. (Courtesy McIlvain & Associates)
Accounting firm relocates from Colleyville, will open new building at Highland Corner Office Park in Southlake

After opening in Colleyville more than 20 years ago, McIlvain & Associates is preparing to move to a new location in Southlake.

Ryan Skelly: Willow Bend Mortgage recently opened in a new location in Southlake. (Courtesy Ryan Skelly: Willow Bend Mortgage)
New mortgage loan company opens in Southlake

Ryan Skelly: Willow Bend Mortgage recently opened in a new location.

(Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Here's a list of candidates running in the 2020 primary for Texas, Denton County offices

Lewisville, Flower Mound and Highland Village voters will have the chance to go to the polls March 3 to vote in local, state and national elections.

Grapevine will soon be home to Waterlogic's new North American headquarters. (Renee Yan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Grapevine selected for water dispenser provider’s new North American headquarters

A project slated to create up to 164 new jobs and more than $1.6 million in capital investment is coming to Grapevine.

The National Weather Service is predicting inclement weather in Grapevine, Colleyville and Southlake on Dec. 9-10. (Courtesy Fotolia)
Grapevine, Colleyville and Southlake crews ready sand trucks ahead of potential winter weather Dec. 9-10

With temperatures expected to plummet overnight, the cities of Grapevine, Colleyville and Southlake are preparing for potential winter road conditions.

The Grapevine Parks and Recreation Department is making plans to enhance Settlers Park in Grapevine. (Courtesy Grapevine Parks and Recreation Department)
Grapevine Parks and Recreation makes progress on master plan goals

The Grapevine Parks and Recreation department added a new program this fall and is in the process of developing a new city park.

Colleyville City Council will consider turning the current senior center into a multigenerational recreation center. (courtesy city of Colleyville)
Colleyville considers all-ages recreation facility in place of senior center

Colleyville City Council will consider turning the current senior center into a multigenerational recreation center.

Celebrate the New Year with Runway Theatre. (Courtesy Kris Ikiji)
Enjoy a homestead Christmas, take a holiday train ride and more things to do in Grapevine, Colleyville and Southlake this December

There are a lot of events coming up to celebrate the holidays and the end of the decade

Tarrant County transportation update: SH 121/I-635 interchange widening

NorthGate Constructors officials are reporting the project to widen the SH 121/I-635 interchange is 50% complete.

Colleyville transportation update: SH 26 widening, Phase 4

Drivers have been moved to a new southbound traffic pattern on SH 26.

Southlake transportation update: North White Chapel Boulevard widening, Phase 2

Phase 1 of the project to expand White Chapel Boulevard in Southlake is wrapping up, and Phase 2 is underway.

Back to top