Feb. 18 | Support local music
Music on Main brings local musicians and businesses together in Frisco’s downtown district. During this monthly recurring event, artists will play live at local businesses. Performers will be provided by Frisco nonprofit Melody of Hope.
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Free (entry).
- Frisco Rail District.
- 972-977-6064. www.musiconmainfrisco.org.
Drive down to the Car and Cigar show, a monthly meetup of car fans to look at or show off their own classic cars. Cigars will be for sale as part of the event, but attendees cannot smoke within 25 feet of neighboring stores.
- 9:30 a.m.-noon.
- Free (admission).
- Industrial Cigar Co., 9500 Dallas Parkway Ste. 400, Frisco.
- 469-305-7360. bit.ly/3wreD57.
Make a plan for the summer by attending the DFW Camp Expo at the Fury Fun Center. Meet with camp directors and local family-friendly businesses, and get excited for upcoming summer activities.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Richwood Academy, 4633 Coit Road, Frisco.
- 972-754-3291. bit.ly/3iW7XZL.
Acoustic cover band Texas Born and Bred will be performing at The Brass Tap. Have a drink while listening to tribute songs by Texas singers, such as Willie Nelson or Beyoncé.
- 7-10 p.m.
- Free (admission).
- The Brass Tap, 1951 FM 423, Ste. 900, Frisco.
- 214-618-0218. bit.ly/3HpqE0b.
Enjoy a structured yoga session as goats freely graze and climb around. Not recommended for 4-year-olds or younger. Yoga mats will not be provided.
- 11 a.m.-noon.
- Frisco Fresh Market, 9215 John W Elliott Drive, Frisco.
- 844-776-2753. bit.ly/3wKOTB3.
All those age 21 and can enjoy an all-day cocktail experience at Frisco Rail Yard’s National Margarita Day celebration.
- 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Free (attendance).
- Frisco Rail Yard, 9040 1st St., Frisco.
- 214-682-3825. bit.ly/3XzQvt3.
Future readers can attend Barnes & Noble’s weekly Thursday Storytime Session. Meetings typically include reading through a handful of short picture books.
- 11 a.m.
- Stonebriar Mall, 2601 Preston Road, Ste. 1204, Frisco.
- 972-668-2820. bit.ly/3Dc4NHX.
Spend a Friday night at the World Olympic Gymnastics Academy’s weekly open gym. Enjoy two hours of games, music and trampolines. Only for children ages 5-12.
- 7-9:30 p.m.
- $20 for one child, $35 for two.
- WOGA Frisco, 5936 Nancy Jane Lane, Frisco.
- 972-712-9642. www.woga.net/woga-friday-nights-out/.
Celebrate Black history and art at the 10th annual Harlem Nights Festival, a gala dedicated to the 100-year anniversary of Duke Ellington’s debut at the Cotton Club. Enjoy performances from the Duke Ellington Orchestra featuring Frisco saxophonist Shelley Carrol, and dance the night away alongside guest of honor Paul Ellington, Duke Ellington’s grandson.
- 7 p.m.
- Frisco Hall, 5353 Independence Parkway, Ste. 1, Frisco.
March 2 | Celebrate Texas Independence Day
Celebrate Texas Independence Day at Tumbleweed TexStyles. More information about the event will be posted on the store’s Facebook @ShopTWT.
- Times TBA.
- Free entry.
- Tumbleweed TexStyles Store, 7511 Main St. Ste, Frisco. A120.
- 469-591-1836. https://tumbleweedtexstyles.com.
Head to the Frisco RoughRiders’ home field and see four NCAA Division I college baseball teams compete in a three-day tournament. The teams playing this year are Mississippi State University, University of Oklahoma, University of California and Ohio State University.
- Game times vary.
- Riders Field, 7300 RoughRiders Trail, Frisco.
- 972-731-9200. www.friscoclassic.com.
Attend a weekly Saturday group massage lesson with a significant other to learn how to ease their aches and pains. Massage chairs and yoga mats will be provided. Married, dating or friend duos are welcome.
- 4-5 p.m.
- Express Chiropractic Frisco, 9555 Lebanon Road, Frisco.
- 469-362-5711. bit.ly/3kDgNMk.
Fill up the weekend by going to the Ford Center at the Star for Conference USA Basketball Championships. Watch more than 20 college basketball teams compete over a three-day nonstop competition.
- Game times vary.
- Tickets start at $20.
- Ford Center, 9 Cowboys Way, Frisco.
- 972-497-4800. www.thestarinfrisco.com/calendar/confderence-usa-23.
Space lovers can attend a Star Party held by the Texas Astronomical Society the second Saturday of every month (weather permitting). Look up at and learn about the planets, stars and other celestial beings. Blankets and chairs not included.
- 6-10:30 p.m.
- Frisco Commons Park, 8000 McKinney Road, Frisco.
- 214-800-6000. www.visitfrisco.com/event/frisco-starfest/62