The FISD board of trustees awarded construction contracts for several projects during a May 13 meeting.
Todd Fouche, deputy superintendent of business and operations, said some of these projects are being done over the summer to ensure they are ready for students before school starts in August.
Voters passed a $691 million bond in November that includes building new facilities, updating older facilities and building a fine arts auditorium.
Here are the summer projects and their locations:
- Paving marching band fields ($5.5 million): Centennial, Heritage, Independence, Lebanon Trail, Liberty, Lone Star, Memorial, Reedy and Wakeland high schools
- Adding or replacing turf ($7 million): Frisco, Independence and Reedy high schools for baseball and softball fields; Memorial Stadium for turf replacement
- Repainting and re-carpeting part of administration office ($55,291): Clark Middle School
- Reconstructing the outdoor track ($1.6 million): Stafford Middle School. This project is being funded by both the 2014 and the 2018 bond programs.
- Refreshing fine arts lighting, stage curtains and rigging ($828,631): Centennial High School