Nightly lane closures occurring on SH 121 in Frisco, Plano

The Sam Rayburn Tollway widening project will add a fourth lane to the toll road. (Elizabeth Uclés/Community Impact Newspaper)

Nightly lane closures will occur on SH 121 as part of the widening project on the Sam Rayburn Tollway.

SH 121 will be closed 10 p.m.-5 a.m. Nov. 17 through the morning of Nov. 22 at Custer Road in both Frisco and Plano.

According to the North Texas Tollway Authority, drivers traveling northbound on Custer Road will turn right on SH 121 and make a U-turn at Exchange Parkway. They can then drive west until they reach Custer Road, turning right to continue northbound.

Drivers traveling southbound on Custer Road will turn right on SH 121 and make a U-turn at Independence Parkway. They can then drive east until they reach Custer Road, turning right to continue southbound.

The lane closures are subject to weather conditions and could be postponed if necessary, according to the NTTA.

The widening project on the SRT includes adding a fourth lane to the entire stretch of the tool road between US 75 and Denton Tap Road. The project is scheduled to be complete by late 2021.
By Lindsey Juarez
Lindsey has been involved in newspapers in some form since high school. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2014 with a degree in Journalism. While attending UTA, she worked for The Shorthorn, the university's award-winning student newspaper. She was hired as Community Impact Newspaper's first Frisco reporter in 2014. Less than a year later, she took over as the editor of the Frisco edition. Since then, she has covered a variety of topics and issues important to the community, including the city's affordable housing shortage, the state's controversial A-F school accountability system and the city's "Bury the Lines" efforts.