Drivers can expect two weekends of main lane and frontage road closures at US 183 and I-35 that will allow crews to set steel beams for new flyovers between the two highways.
The Texas Department of Transportation has detours set up and is encouraging drivers to plan ahead and expect major delays from July 19-22 and Aug. 2-5, according to a news release.
Northbound US 183 closures and detours planned for 9 p.m. July 19 to 5 a.m. July 22
- The northbound US 183 main lanes will be closed north of Cameron Road. Drivers are encouraged to use Hwy. 290 East instead. To detour, northbound US 183 traffic will exit for Hwy. 290 East north of Manor/Springdale Drive and use the US 183 frontage road. Drivers will turn left onto the Hwy. 290 East frontage road to access I-35 and use the northbound I-35 to northbound US 183 flyover. Drivers may also exit US 183 after Cameron Road for Lamar Boulevard but will face frontage road detours.
- The Hwy. 290 flyovers to US 183 will also be closed. Drivers may use westbound Hwy. 290 East to access I-35 and northbound US 183. To access southbound US 183, drivers may exit Hwy. 290 East to Berkman Drive and use the turnaround.
- The northbound US 183 frontage road at I-35 will be closed, and drivers may turn right at the northbound I-35 frontage road and turnaround at Rundberg Lane to access the southbound I-35 frontage road and US 183.
- The northbound I-35 frontage road will be closed at US 183, and drivers may turn right at the southbound US 183 frontage road to turn around at Cameron Road to access the northbound US 183 frontage road and I-35.
Southbound US 183 closures and detours planned for 9 p.m. Aug. 2 to 5 a.m. Aug. 5 (rescheduled from late July)
- Drives on southbound US 183 have to take the exit for the southbound I-35 flyover and then take the Hwy. 290 East flyover to exit to US 183 and continue on southbound US 183.
- Drivers on the southbound US 183 frontage road will also exit for southbound I-35 using Hwy. 290 East to access US 183.
- The southbound US 183 frontage road will be closed at I-35, and drivers will detour by turning right at the southbound I-35 frontage road and using the turnaround at Hwy. 290 East to access US 183 and northbound I-35.
Editor's note: This post was updated with new information and a rescheduled date for the southbound US 183 closures.