Projects include city-approved tree mulching, root collar clearing, habitat restoration and trail maintenance, as well as park and creek cleanups, according to the foundation.
This year's fall event, which takes place Saturday, Nov. 4, will include an added incentive. The following area restaurants will offer free or discounted food to any volunteer who comes in wearing their It's My Park Day volunteer t-shirt:
- Shake Shack: Both the South Lamar Boulevard and Domain locations will offer a free order of fries with a purchase of another item.
- JuiceLand: A 10 percent discount will be offered, as well as a free shot of yerba mate, at the US 183 and Braker Lane locations.
- Galaxy Cafe: All locations of Galaxy Cafe will offer two-for-one entrees to dine-in volunteers.
- Zocalo Cafe: The Mexican eatery will offer two-for-one entrees to dine-in volunteers.
- Baby Greens: Volunteers can take advantage of buy-one-get-one-free regularly priced salads and wraps, excluding the Saturday special.
Austinites interested in volunteering during It's My Park Day are encouraged to sign up and volunteer for a particular project. Registration is open until Friday evening.