Organized by local group I Live Here I Give Here, Amplify Austin Day is an annual 24-hour campaign that aims to raise funds for nonprofit organizations in Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson counties.
According to a news release, the Boys & Girls Clubs of The Austin Area, Hospice Austin, YMCA of Austin and the Central Texas Food Bank were the individual nonprofit organizations to raise the most funds this year.
“Once again, our community met the ambitious Amplify Austin Day challenge,” said Courtney Manuel, executive director of I Live Here I Give Here, in the release. “I will never underestimate the power of collective giving around a common cause.”
Information about organizations that participated in this year's event can be found at www.amplifyatx.org.
The top 10 organizations that raised the most money this year are:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area: $512,155
- Hospice Austin: $358,922
- YMCA of Austin: $273,588
- Central Texas Food Bank: $265,961
- AIDS Services of Austin: $245,722
- Health Alliance for Austin Musicians: $245,540
- Austin Recovery: $224,849
- Foundation Communities: $172,177
- Mobile Loaves & Fishes: $168,087
- SAFE: $158,097