From bars to hair salons, learn about the latest Southwest Austin and Dripping Springs business news here.
1. Cobalt Blue Salon will be participating in its seventh annual Cut For A Cure charity event from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 25. Located at 7415 Southwest Parkway, Bldg. 3, Ste. 300, Austin, the Southwest Austin salon offers free cuts to those who donate $25, who donate blood at the mobile donation center at Lantana Place or who sign up with the Be The Match organization, with all proceeds going to the Leukemia Research Foundation. The event is in honor of Theresa Eller, one of the salon’s founders who died in 2012 after a battle with Leukemia. Events in previous years have brought in $1,500-$3,500 for the charity. 512-453-4140. www.cobaltbluesalon.com
2. Two new South Austin hangouts opened to the public Oct. 16. Easy Tiger opened its new location at 3508 S. Lamar Blvd., Austin, which features a large outdoor dining area to go with its bakery, restaurant and beer garden. In Southeast Austin, Meanwhile Brewing Co. opened on an almost 4-acre property at 3901 Promontory Point Drive that includes outdoor seating, fields and six original beers on tap. www.easytigerusa.com, www.meanwhilebeer.com
3. Oak+Lotus Studios opened as a coworking space at The Yard, 510 E. St. Elmo Road, Ste. B-3, Austin, earlier this fall. Founded by Austin resident Alia J. Khan, the business originally opened as Oak + Lotus Yoga in December 2019, but due to the coronavirus pandemic transitioned to offering only virtual yoga classes, and had transformed the in-person studio into a full-time, socially distanced coworking community. www.oakandlotusstudios.com
4. After original plans to open in the spring were delayed due to COVID-19, Acupuncture + Restorative Medicine opened full time in September and installed new signage to mark the occasion at the 13110 W. Hwy. 290, Dripping Springs, office. According to owner Lindsay CS Black, the business specializes in the treatment of chronic neuromuscular pain, women's reproductive health and skin care. 512-915-7915. www.acupuncturerm.com
5. Corridor Title, a regional real estate title company with an office in Dripping Springs, has been in the community for 10 years as of this October. Located at 171 Benney Lane, Bldg. I, Dripping Springs, the business will celebrate the milestone with a ribbon-cutting ceremony hosted by the Dripping Springs Chamber of Commerce on Oct. 26. 512-894-0187. www.corridortitleco.com