According to the district, the series offers AISD families an opportunity to learn about the district’s strategic plan and ongoing budget planning. The district has scheduled the conversations with different sessions based on high school feeder patterns and vertical teams to accommodate for local input from different parts of the district.
The April 12 meeting will be conducted in Spanish and will focus on the communities that attend Austin, Anderson, LASA, LBJ, Navarro and Northeast high schools.
Other sessions include:
- April 15: Eastside, Garza and International high schools
- April 21: Austin and McCallum high schools
- April 26: Spanish session with Akins, Bowie, Crockett, Eastside, Garza, International and Travis high schools and the Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders
- April 29: Anderson and Navarro high schools
- May 6: LASA High School, Ann Richards and other specialty campuses
Those interested in participating can access the Zoom link to the meetings on the district's website. Recordings of each meeting will be made available online, according to the district.