Here is the latest business news from South Austin and the Dripping Springs area.
1. Neighbors, a members-only dog park and coffee shop at 5609 S. Congress Ave., Austin, will open April 15. The dog-friendly property will offer an off-leash area as well as outdoor seating with coffee drinks, tea and baked goods for purchase. The business will be offering dog training, dog day care and other services in the future. Access options include day passes and annual memberships. www.neighborsatx.com
2. National sandwich chain Jersey Mike’s Subs opened its newest shop at 3005 S. Lamar Blvd. Ste. D-111, Austin, on March 31. The restaurant serves subs and wraps with fresh-sliced cold cuts and vegetable toppings. 512-326-3600. www.jerseymikes.com
3. East Austin pet store Paws on Chicon on March 10 opened a second shop, located at 7601 S. Congress Ave. Ste. 370, Austin. The store specializes in dog and cat products including food, treats, toys, accessories, supplements and grooming products. 512-906-0013. www.pawsonchicon.com
4. Get Along Grill opened at 333 E. Hwy. 290, Ste. 437, Dripping Springs, on Feb. 24. The locally owned restaurant serves housemade comfort foods including burgers, wraps, sandwiches, fried chicken, fish and salads. 512-829-4300. www.getalonggrill.com
5. Capital Bank of Texas, which operates its loan production office in South Austin at 9811 S. I-35, Bldg. 3, Ste. 101, Austin, was acquired by BAT Investments on April 7. Once given regulatory approval later this summer, BAT said it will be expanding the bank’s Austin footprint. 512-292-1440. www.capitalbankoftexas.com
New dog park, cafe on the way; Jersey Mike’s adds local location and more South Austin business news
Jersey Mike’s Subs opened its newest shop in South Austin on March 31. (Courtesy Jersey Mike's Subs)