Here is the latest Southwest Austin and Dripping Springs business news.
1. The Dripping Springs Fair and Rodeo, which was canceled over the summer due to COVID-19 restrictions, will take place Oct. 16-17 at Dripping Springs Ranch Park, 1042 Event Center Drive, Dripping Springs. According to the city of Dripping Springs website, the event will start at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets are priced at $15 for adults and $10 for children under age 12, and they can be purchased online at www.dsagboosters.org or at the door. Masks will be required for those attending, and social distancing measures will be in place. www.drippingspringsfairandrodeo.com
2. The Center for Vein Restoration, a national medical provider, opened full-time in September at 7900 FM 1826, Ste. 170, Austin. According to the practice, it offers solutions to remove “unsightly and uncomfortable veins.” The Center for Vein Restoration initially held a grand opening for the South Austin location in March prior to closing due to the coronavirus pandemic. It reopened in a limited capacity in June. 512-522-9965. www.centerforvein.com
3. Disc Nation has relocated to the Tanglewood Village Shopping Center at 2110 W. Slaughter Lane, Ste. 174, Austin. Formerly located less than a mile east at 1218 W. Slaughter Lane, the locally owned disc golf shop offers a selection of golf discs, targets, baskets, bags and accessories. The new storefront had its grand opening Oct. 10. 512-280-1115. www.discnation.com
4. Local Argentine Tango studio Tango Tribe closed its brick-and-mortar location at 5446 W. Hwy. 290, Ste. 105, Austin, on Aug. 31. It was started by South Austin resident David Phillips in 2017. Phillips has continued to host group and private dance lessons via Zoom and at his home dance studio by appointment. www.tangotribe.com
5. The Funkadelic Brunch closed its doors permanently Sept. 30 due to coronavirus-related business struggles, according to a post on the restaurant’s Instagram page. The restaurant opened in February 2018 and served a menu of brunch items all day. The restaurant was located at 4715 S. Lamar Blvd, Ste. 101A, Sunset Valley. www.thefunkadelic.com
Dripping Springs rodeo returns, Disc Nation moves and more Southwest Austin business news
The Dripping Springs Fair and Rodeo will take place Oct. 16-17. (Courtesy Dripping Springs Fair and Rodeo)