The filing period for candidates seeking to run for local leadership positions in the November elections opened in July.
In addition to the presidential election in November, see below what City Council seats in Buda, Kyle and San Marcos are up for election in 2020.
San Marcos City Council comprises seven elected officials. The mayor is elected at-large to serve a 2-year term. City Council members are also elected at-large but serve staggered three-year terms.
- Mayor: currently held by Jane Hughson
- Place 3: currently held by Ed Mihalkanin
- Place 4: currently held by Mark Rockeymoore
- Place 5*: currently held by Joca Marquez
*The seat for Place 5 is a special election taking place in November due to a postponement in May caused by COVID-19.
Kyle City Council is composed of seven elected officials: the mayor and six city council members. Three council members are elected at-large, and three are elected by district; all serve staggered three-year terms. The mayor is elected at-large and serves a three-year term.
- Mayor: currently held by Travis Mitchell
- District 2: currently held by Tracy Scheel
- District 4: currently held by Alex Villalobos
Buda City Council is composed of a mayor and six City Council members serving staggered three-year terms. Three council members are elected at-large, and three are elected within geographic districts.
- Mayor: currently held by George Haehn
- At-large Position 1: currently held by Lee Urbanovsky
- At-large Position 2: currently held by Ramy Fallon
- Single-member district B: currently held by Evan Ture
The last day to file for the ballot of the Nov. 3 general election is Aug. 17. Early voting will take place Oct. 19-30.