City Council District 2
inquiries to assess city issues (all information should be openly released), such as open records requests and voting on bonds.
2. Infrastructure- We need to make sure we are matching our existing infrastructure to our current population, focusing on basic necessities such as sidewalks and streetlights.
3. Economic Development- We should focus on recruiting various businesses (depending on locations) and not giving incentives and tax breaks to housing developers.
4. Focus on restoring Center Street- Adding necessities, such as streetlights and sidewalks, promoting locally owned businesses that attract tourism and foot traffic and holding current building owners accountable for the preservation of this historical area.
2. To continue to improvement of the city’s infrastructure. We are not done growing. We have businesses and developers wanting to come to Kyle, but we have to ensure we can sustain them and not deteriorate the existing infrastructure for the current residents of Kyle. This means to continue to work on roads that are not able to accommodate the number of current and projected travelers, work on the storm water mitigation plan to ensure homes are not flooded and encourage the improvements of our parks so as to continue to improve the overall quality of life for our citizenry.
3. Continue to ensure the City of Kyle residents have affordable potable drinking water by continuing to work with the Alliance Regional Water Authority to obtain water from outside the Edward’s Aquifer.