Parks and recreation officials proposed a $2 increase in the daily admission fee, a $5 increase for individual season passes and a $10 increase for family season passes at Rock'N River Water Park along with a $1 increase in daily admission for the Micki Krebsbach Pool during a May 25 Council meeting, where members voted to approve the measure.
No increases were proposed to admission to the Lake Creek Pool. Rick Atkins, the parks and recreation department director, said the increase in rates at Rock'N River and Micki Krebsbach fund the operation of Lake Creek Pool, leaving a more "affordable" option for community members. He also said the rate increase will help offset a majority of increased expenses for the department's seasonal aquatics team, including lifeguards.
“Those are the two tools that generate revenue in our inventory,” Atkins said. “Rock'N River has always been designed to do that. That pool that subsidizes the pool in our inventory.”
Rates for the water park will be as follows:
- $12 daily admission for youth and seniors
- $14 daily admission for adults
- $65 season passes for youth and seniors
- $75 season passes for adults
- $235 season passes for families of four (additional $10 per individual greater than four)
- $4 daily admission for youth and seniors
- $5 daily admission for adults