Before hitting the road, learn more about these six scheduled I-35 lane closures planned by the Texas Department of Transportation for this week:
- Southbound I-35 will be reduced to one lane approaching and under the FM 3406/Old Settlers Blvd. bridge between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. through Thursday night.
- Northbound I-35 will be reduced to one lane between RM 620 and Westinghouse Road from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. through Thursday night. Ramp closures should also be anticipated.
- The inside lane of the northbound I-35 access road will be closed between Hesters Crossing and McNeil Road from 11 p.m. Thursday until 5 a.m. Friday and again from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. Friday.
- There will be various closures on the access roads in both directions at Sam Bass Road/US 79 from 8 p..m. Thursday until 5 a.m. Friday.
- The southbound exit for FM 3406, Exit 254, will be closed until further notice. TxDOT recommends drivers use Exit 256 as a detour.
- The FM 3406/Old Settlers Blvd. bridge over I-35 will be closed until further notice. TxDOT recommends that westbound traffic use the newly-constructed turnaround bridge. Eastbound traffic is advised to detour south to the turnaround at US 79/Sam Bass Road.