The ABoR Foundation awarded a total of $62,000 in scholarships to 32 Central Texas high school seniors and college students, according to a June 29 ABoR news release.
Recipients are selected based on "academic merit, leadership and financial need," according to the release, and have committed to a higher education institution.
“While the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we operate, we haven’t let that stop us from celebrating some of the best and brightest young minds in Central Texas,” ABoR Foundation Chair Carrie Weikert said in the release. “Helping students pursue higher education is an investment in our community’s future. We’re thankful for the generosity of our REALTOR donors and volunteers who spent countless hours reviewing applications this spring.”
The following Round Rock and Pflugerville ISD students were named as 2020 recipients:
- Andrew Ditterline: Westwood High School, Round Rock ISD
- Ashlyn Mashburn: McNeil High School, Round Rock ISD
- Joshua Shear: Hendrickson High School, Pflugerville ISD
- Valerie Tonn: Pflugerville High School, Pflugerville ISD
- Brett Wells: Stony Point High School, Round Rock ISD