“As we open up city facilities, it’s important we all do what we can to keep each other healthy,” Round Rock Mayor Craig Morgan said in a news release. “We’ve done a good job of flattening the curve in Williamson County, and we need to maintain our vigilance as we begin to resume business in our community.”
Clay Madsen Recreation Center
Hours: Monday-Thursday 5 a.m.-10 p.m., Friday 5 a.m.-9 p.m., Saturday 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Location:1600 Gattis School Road, Round Rock
Occupancy restrictions: The CMRC is operating at 25% maximum capacity.
New precautions in place:Staff will enforce physical distancing protocols. Cleaning will occur after each reservation slot for the weight room, pool and racquetball courts.
Know before you go: The following areas within the CMRC reopened May 18:
- Weight room: Reservations are required. Room capacity is limited to 17 people.
- Pool: Reservations are required. Lap swim is limited to one person per lane or two people from the same household per lane.
- Racquetball courts: Reservations are required. Courts are limited to two players.
- Fitness classes: Class sizes have been reduced, and physical distancing will be enforced.
- Restrooms: CMRC guests will have access to the restroom portion of the locker rooms only.
The following areas remain closed:
- Fitness yard: anticipated to reopen June 1 with capacity limitations
- Locker areas and showers
- Game room
- Gym/basketball courts
- Playroom and babysitting service
Round Rock Public Library
Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday
Location: 216 E. Main St., Round Rock
Occupancy restrictions: The library is offering limited seating at this time. Only two people per household per visit are allowed in the building.
New precautions in place: Markings on the ground designate where to stand while in line to ensure at least 6 feet of space between each person. Plexiglass shields have been installed at service desks and checkout.
Visitors are encouraged to: wear a face covering, although it is not required for entry
Know before you go: Computer and courtesy phone access are not allowed at this time. Study rooms, meeting rooms, the Family Place play area, the Literacy Room and computer classroom are closed.
Round Rock Public Library, curbside pickup service
Hours: 9 a.m.-10 a.m. Mon.-Sat., closed Sun.
Location: Sheppard Street parking lot
How it works:
- Library patrons can reserve up to five items online at www.roundrocktexas.gov/departments/library.
- The Round Rock Public Library will send a notification by text or email when the reserved items are available for pickup.
- Patrons have seven days to pick up the items.
Know before you go:
- Enter the Sheppard Street parking lot, remain in the vehicle and roll down the passenger-side window.
- Be prepared with your library card number ready.
- Library staff will place the items on the curbside table or in the trunk of the car if you need help loading items.
- Returns must be made at the outside book drop on the opposite side of the building.
Location: 151 N A.W. Grimes Blvd., Round Rock
Occupancy restrictions: Available for rental by groups that do not exceed 25% capacity of the building
Know before you go: Renters will be encouraged to utilize the outdoor areas of the facility.
City of Round Rock park pavilions
Location: Varies throughout the city; access a list of parks here
Occupancy restrictions: available for rental by groups that do not exceed 25% capacity of the pavilion
Know before you go: Call 512-218-5540 to make a reservation or to inquire about more information.
City of Round Rock offices
City facilities will be cleaned and disinfected daily, according to the news release, with chemicals that certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to kill the coronavirus.
The city has placed hand sanitizer dispensers in key areas around the buildings. Visitors are encouraged but not required to wear face coverings.
The Utility Billing lobby and municipal court lobby have reopened to customers to take payments. Customers are encouraged to make utility payments online or over the phone, but an in-person option is once again available.
Facilities and programs that remain closed at this time include:
- After-school and preschool programs
- Allen R. Baca Center and senior programs
- Lake Creek Pool
- Micki Krebsbach Pool
- Play for All Park
- Prete Main Street Plaza Fountain
- Rock’N River