The waiver allows for contracting entities in Texas to employ the National School Lunch Program or summer feeding program, per the release.
Free meals will be available to in-person and virtual learning students, per the release. Children age 18 or younger are also permitted to pick up free breakfasts and lunches at curbside meal distribution locations.
Curbside meal services will continue for virtual learners and children under 18 for the foreseeable future. Students do not have to be present during meal pickups, but families are required to provide proof for each student receiving a meal. Acceptable forms of verification includes RRISD official letters confirming a child's enrollment; student report cards; attendances records; birth certificates; or student ID cards.
Meal pickup services run Monday through Friday from 7-8:30 a.m.
The following locations will operate as curbside meal service sites beginning Nov. 2.
- Round Rock High School, 201 Deep Wood Drive, Round Rock
- Cedar Ridge High School, 2801 Gattis School Road, Round Rock
- Stony Point High School, 1801 Tiger Trail, Round Rock
- Westwood High School, 12400 Mellow Meadow Drive, Austin
- McNeil High School, 5720 McNeil Drive, Austin
- Deerpark Middle School, 8849 Anderson Mill Road, Austin
- C.D. Fulkes Middle School, 300 W. Anderson Ave., Round Rock
- Hopewell Middle School, 1535 Gulf Way, Round Rock
- Walsh Middle School, 3850 Walsh Ranch Blvd., Round Rock
Per the district's 2020-21 academic year calendar, meal distributions are not planned during scheduled breaks and holidays.