Proposed Pflugerville ISD attendance boundary changes have been discussed since Nov. 3, with the school district hosting several public meetings to receive feedback from parents and students. The district’s new boundaries were adopted Thursday night but not without a few changes from the PfISD board of trustees.
Here are highlights of what was changed and adopted from the original proposed plan:
1. Freshman students at Hendrickson High school participating in varsity level sports and/or fine arts programs will not be grandfathered to stay at Hendrickson High School and will have to attend Weiss High School, per the approved boundary zones.
2. All rising fifth graders at Dearing Elementary, Riojas Elementary, Rowe Lane Elementary, Barron Elementary, Highland Park Elementary and Timmerman Elementary are grandfathered to attend their current school, but transportation will not be provided.
3. Elementary students currently enrolled in Spanish Immersion are grandfathered at Riojas Elementary, but no transportation will be provided.
4. All rising eighth graders at Cele Middle School, Dessau Middle School, Kelly Lane Middle School, Park Crest Middle School and Pflugerville Middle School are grandfathered to attend their current school, but transportation will not be provided.
5. No sibling transfers will be granted to closed campuses.
6. Rising 11th and 12th graders at Hendrickson High School will be grandfathered into remaining at their current school. Transportation will be provided to eligible 11th and 12th graders and to eligible ninth and 10th graders under a hazardous provision at Weiss High School. No transportation will be offered for grandfathered or transfer students.