“[Unit Director Mike Hajovsky] is so excited to have this remodel; he’s been advocating for his customers for quite some time, and they’re thrilled to be able to bring new products and add unique features for their loyal customers,” said Leslie Sweet, H-E-B’s director of public affairs for Central Texas.
Sweet said every consideration is given to store re-models, including customer’s individual preferences.
“We’re excited to offer expanded services, as we want to continue to re-invest in every store and give them some love every few years. We’ve learned our customer’s preferences change, and we want to reflect that in our stores,” Sweet said.
The work in progress is as follows:
- An extended service check-out area will allow for 20 new, full check-out lanes
- New men, women and family restrooms with changing stations in each restroom
- A new Business Center with three service windows for customers
- A new H-E-B Pharmacy Patient Education Room will offer immunizations, screenings and education for customers wanting to manage their health
- New for the store, customers can access H-E-B Meal Simple, which features chef-inspired recipes and ‘Ready to Cook’ and ‘Ready to Eat’ meals
- An expanded produce department with an additional 840 square-feet will allow for increased selection of organic and locally grown produce and wider aisles
- New in-store scratch bakery department will be the place to find artisan breads baked fresh every day. The tortilleria will offer a large variety of decadent desserts, pastries, custom cakes and gourmet fudges
- New floral department with expanded assortments
- A new full-service seafood department with fresh fish and seafood flown in daily; a Sushiya sushi bar will also offer fresh, hand-rolled sushi
- New shelving throughout the store with greater capacity and holding of products
- Additional 44 frozen doors for an expanded frozen food selection
- New paint inside and outside
The work began March 7 and is expected to be complete by August.