Proposals for changes to the map, which sets the plans for Hutto’s continued development, will be presented:
- Feb. 21, 7 p.m., Hutto City Hall, 401 W. Front St., Hutto
- Feb. 25, noon, Downtown Hall of Fame, 205 East St., Hutto
- March 1, 5 p.m., Co-op Market Night, 420 Hwy. 79, Hutto
- March 8, 5 p.m., Co-op Market Night, 420 Hwy. 79, Hutto
- March 23, 7 p.m., East Williamson County Higher Education Center, 1600 Innovation Blvd., Hutto
All of the public hearings will be public meetings.
Officials from the Hutto Planning and Zoning Commission, the city of Hutto Business & Development Services Department and City Council members will attend.
After receiving input, four key dates are planned:
- April 6, joint planning and zoning and City Council workshop
- May 2, planning and zoning recommendation expected
- May 18, first reading at City Council meeting
- June 1, second reading and adoption of the new future land use map
Hutto Business & Development Services Director Helen Ramirez said an updated map, coupled with combining the strengths of the SmartCode and Unified Development Code into one code will help eliminate headaches for businesses, developers and city officials.
Officials said changes are necessary to the land use map as the city grows.