According to the city, improvements on Anderson Mill Road between Spicewood Parkway and US 183 include:
- adding a center left-turn lane with turning bays;
- constructing a raised median near US 183;
- extending the right-turn lane from Anderson Mill Road to US 183;
- building continuous shared-use paths on both sides of the roadway;
- and installing a pedestrian crossing signal at 9707 Anderson Mill Road, Austin.
Improving Anderson Mill Road is one of several projects being funded through the 2016 mobility bond. About $5.5 million from the bond is funding engineering, design and construction. Other funding for the project includes $1.26 million from the District 6 quarter cent fund and $500,000 from the 2010 mobility bond.
City staffers have met with residents to gather input on the project and make changes to the design based on their feedback. Changes implemented include adding the pedestrian crossing signal and extending the right-turn lane to US 183 and limiting the length of the raised median.
Next steps for the project include permitting and sending it out for construction bids. Construction is anticipated to begin in late 2020 and continue through 2021.
More information on the project is available at www.austintexas.gov/andersonmill.