Driving to or from downtown Austin for a night out during the next week? Find out if you’ll need to avoid MoPac as construction continues on the ongoing MoPac Improvement Project. These are the following lane and ramp closures anticipated the next few days:
• Between Enfield Road and RM 2222, traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction from 10 p.m. Friday until 7 a.m. Saturday, 10 p.m. Saturday until 8 a.m. Sunday and from 7 p.m. Sunday until 6 a.m. Monday.
• Various ramps will be closed, including RM 2222, 35th Street, 45th Street, Windsor Road and Westover Road, on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Northbound closures will begin at 9 p.m. each night and last until 6 a.m. the next morning. Southbound closures will run 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. during the three-day period.
• The southbound lane from the Lake Austin Boulevard exit to Lady Bird Lake will be closed from 8 p.m. Sunday until 5 a.m. Monday.
• Southbound traffic will be reduced to one lane from Far West Boulevard to RM 2222 from 8 p.m. Monday until 5 a.m. Tuesday. The next day during the same time, southbound traffic will be reduced to one lane from US 183 to Anderson Lane.
• Anderson Lane to Enfield Road will be reduced to one southbound lane from 8 p.m. Thursday until 5 a.m. Friday. Some ramps within this area will also be closed.
• The northbound inside lane across Lady Bird Lake will be closed from 9 p.m. Wednesday until 6 a.m. Thursday.
• Additional northbound closures between Lady Bird Lake and RM 2222 will take place beginning 9 p.m. Thursday until 6 a.m. Friday. Some ramps within this area will also be closed.