The following city-operated buildings will be closed:
- New Braunfels City Hall
- Das Rec
- New Braunfels Public Library
- Parks & Recreation administrative offices
- Landa Park Golf Course at Comal Springs
- Fischer Park Nature Center
- Municipal Annex
- City Recycle Center
- Westside Community Center
According to the city, road conditions are still unsafe in many areas, despite improved conditions in some areas, and drivers should use extreme caution if driving is unavoidable.
Roads with bridges, overpasses and elevated surfaces should be avoided, as well as roads less traveled.
The city's Solid Waste and Recycling Division has suspended service through Feb. 18, and New Braunfels is in the process of developing a plan for trash and recycling collection, the release said.
Additional and continued closures could be in the cards due to freezing rain and snow flurries expected the night of Feb. 17 and Feb. 18, according to the city.
New Braunfels Utilities
New Braunfels Utilities also announced its offices and drive-thru would be closed Feb. 18, but its customer service phone line, 844-863-7360, would open at noon Feb. 18.
In a news release, NBU asked customers to be patient, as hold times could be considerable, and said the phone line's delayed start time was due to potential road closures and connectivity issues.
NBU customers can also make payments through the following options:
- Paying by phone at 844-863-7360
- Western Union Convenience Pay service at H-E-B stores throughout Comal County, or Arlan’s Market and Ace Cash Express in New Braunfels
- NBU Night Drop, located at 263 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, just off of the drive-thru
Customers may report a water service outage on this webpage.