Applications are being accepted for multiple city of New Braunfels boards and commissions that have fall appointments.

The details

The applications are due by Sept. 30, and appointments reaching expiration under the fall term will end Nov. 30 each year, with the new appointment beginning Dec. 1, according to the city.

Committees that are currently accepting applications include the following:
  • Animal Services Advisory Board
  • Building Standards Commission
  • Cemetery Committee
  • Civil Service Commission
  • Library Advisory Board
  • New Braunfels Economic Development Corporation (NBEDC - 4B Board)
  • New Braunfels Utilities Board
  • Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
  • Partnership Committee
  • Workforce Housing Advisory Committee
  • Community Development Advisory Committee
  • Landa Park Golf Course Advisory Board
  • River Advisory Committee
“Applying for a city board or commission is easy, with an online application process that lets you upload your information, including resume and cover letter,” City Secretary Gayle Wilkinson said. “Boards and commissions offer citizens an opportunity to directly participate in their city government by giving important feedback and direction to City Council. We hope anyone interested in one of these positions will join us for our upcoming open house event to learn more.”

A closer look

An open house event will be held Aug. 15 from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Tejas Room at New Braunfels City Hall located at 550 Landa St. The event will serve as an opportunity for residents to hear directly from city staff about the boards and commissions and their roles in city government.

Some of the boards and commissions having different eligibility requirements, each application will be reviewed to ensure they are met. Those who are appointed to serve on a board or commission will be required to complete one hour of training on the Texas Open Meetings Act, according to the city.

More information, including a detailed description of each committee, potential eligibility requirements and how to submit an application, can be found at