The board will vote to approve or reject the adoption of new English Language Arts (ELA) instructional materials.
The materials program for grades 6-12 students was selected by the Secondary ELA Textbook Adoption Committee, which is comprised of teachers representing each secondary campus in NBISD.
If approved, the program will be adopted over the course of eight years and will be paid for through budgeted funds from the Instructional Materials Allotment committee.
Other notable individual items to be considered by the board are as follows:
- Consider approval of the NBISD 2019-2020 calendar revision.
- Consider approval and renewal of workers compensation insurance coverage for the period of July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.
- Consider approval of health and security upgrades for district facilities.
- Discussion of proposed 2020-2021 general fund budget.
Additional information items to be discussed are as follows:
- A report on the School Health Advisory Council’s activities during the 2019-2020 school year. The council provides recommendations regarding changes to school health education curriculum or instruction that impact the district as a whole.
- An update on 2018 Bond projects such as the construction of new schools, renovations and additions to existing schools, security upgrades, and more.