This guide will help Comal County residents stay up-to-date on the latest information and resources during the coronavirus outbreak.
Available dining options and business operations are updated as new information becomes available. The Comal Emergency Relief Fund has been set up by local nonprofits and will begin offering resources to persons and families affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
New stories with a hyper-local focus will continue to be published online and in print.
Please send any additional local resources to [email protected].
- Comal County Office of Public Health has a COVID-19 hotline available at 830-221-1120 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m, Monday through Friday.
- City of New Braunfels coronavirus updates
- Texas Workforce Commission and unemployment resources
- Texas Department of Health and Human Services
Food Resources and Grocery Stores
- Target is open 8 a.m.-9 p.m. The first hour of shopping on Wednesdays is reserved for vulnerable shoppers such as the elderly and those with underlying health concerns.
- Comal County Senior Citizens Foundation's Congregate Meals will be available by pick up only and clients must have their key tag. Meals on Wheels will continue to deliver meals. Call 830-629-4547 with any questions or concerns.
- New Braunfels Food Bank's Client Choice Pantry has curbside pick service. Pet food is also available. Call 830-327-6000 to arrange an appointment. The Food Bank has begun a Coronavirus Preparedness and Prevention Campaign and is in need of volunteers.
- SOS Food Bank is open weekdays from 1 p.m- 4 p.m.
- Arlan's Market is open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Walmart stores are open 6 a.m.-11 p.m.
- H-E-B is open 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. and has curbside and home delivery services available online. H-E-B is also offering a pharmacy delivery service without fees.
- Dollar General stores are open from 8 a.m.- 9 p.m., and the first hour of operation is dedicated exclusively to senior citizens.
- For Goodness Sake Natural Foods will be open 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Lonestar 24 Hour Emergency Room is at 1751 Medical Way, New Braunfels.
- Texas MedClinic Urgent Care has two offices: 958 I-35, New Braunfels, and 1922 Hwy. 46, New Braunfels.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration has economic injury disaster loans available to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives and some private nonprofits within declared disaster areas.
- The Texas State Chamber has created a COVID-19 Business Resource Tool Kit.
- The United States Chamber has published the Coronavirus Small Business Guide and additional resources.
Mental health care