The city of New Braunfels began work on its annual street maintenance program May 29. Officials said the project will remove several inches of old asphalt and replace it with new asphalt, providing a better driving experience and longer roadway life.
Work will continue through June 12 and will affect the following streets at various times:
- Lipan Drive, from Alves Lane to terminus
- Misty Acres Drive, from terminus to South Hwy. 46 West
- River Acres Drive, from Loop 337 to Gruene Road
- Mission Drive, from Kerlick Lane to Mission Trace
- Kerlick Lane, from Ridge Drive to North Walnut Avenue
- Gardenia Drive, from South Mesquite to South Walnut avenues
- Perryman Street, from Huisache to Fern avenues
- South Academy Avenue, from Butcher to West Nacogdoches streets
- Cross Street, from South Santa Clara to Clemens avenues
- Butcher Street, from North Business I-35 to South Guenther Avenue
- Unicorn Avenue, from North Business I-35 to I-35 South Frontage Road
Work hours for the project are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., and drivers should expect delays in affected areas. The improvements are being funded by the city’s general fund, and all streets are expected to be complete within the indicated time frame, weather and other factors permitting.