Though Mother’s Day will be celebrated differently this year due to social distancing, New Braunfels residents can still honor their mothers on Sunday, May 10, by supporting local restaurants and businesses. Here are a few events and special offers available for Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day events
On Mother’s Day, the Huisache Grill will host live music by Colton’s Kin from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. in the restaurant’s parking lot and on Facebook Live. The grill is open for curbside and carry-out orders.
Lone Star Bath Treats will offer Mother’s Day gift sets for $10 each at the New Braunfels Farmer’s Market on Saturday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. The gift set includes a bath bomb and bath scrub, and Lone Star Bath Treats will also sell gel hand sanitizers and more.
The River House will host Mother’s Day brunches at 10:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. on Sunday by reservation only. Brunch will include a three-course meal with several dining options and will cost $34.95 per person.
Support local florists
New Braunfels is home to several locally-owned florists and flower shops. Residents can call or order Mother’s Day flowers online for pick-up.
- Comal Flower Shop On The Plaza is at 337 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, and is open 8 a.m.-6 p.m. on weekdays, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturdays. 830-625-7575
- Blumen Meisters Flower Shop is at 111 S. Union Ave., New Braunfels, and is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays. 830-629-1604
- Petals To Go is at 1515 N. Walnut Ave., New Braunfels, and is open 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturdays. 830-625-5522
- Branch and Bloom is in the Walnut Business Center and is open on weekdays from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. 830-461-6250
- Weidners Flowers is at 105C I-35, New Braunfels, and is open 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturdays. 830-625-5419