Here is the latest business news from Southwest Austin and Dripping Springs.
1. Dreamland entertainment center—which opened in February at 2770 W. Hwy. 290, Dripping Springs—is hosting a farmers relief concert March 13 to support local farmers and ranchers impacted by February’s winter weather and freeze. According to Dreamland, the outdoor event will be held from 3-10 p.m. and will include headlining performances by Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis. Dreamland will also be hosting a food drive in partnership with the Central Texas Food Bank at the event. According to Dreamland, a free COVID-19 rapid test will be conducted on those in attendance before being permitted to enter; masks will be required; and the venue will be limited to 50% capacity with socially distanced seating. Tickets start at $50, with VIP tickets available for $200, and donations can also be made to the Texas Farmer Winter Storm Relief Fund. www.dreamlanddstx.com/events/texas-strong-relief
2. Korean Barbecue restaurant Jjim BBQ opened Feb. 11 at 1100 S. Lamar Blvd., Ste. 2140 in the Lamar Union location formerly home to The Connection Pizza + Bar. Owned by a team including Min Choe, a co-founder of Tso Chinese Delivery, the menu will feature “jjim” meat, which is cooked in a Korean style of braising and slow cooking until tender. www.jjimbbq.com
3. JuiceLand permanently closed its Belterra Village locations at 165 Hargraves Drive, Ste. P-300, Austin, in February. The shop, which opened in September 2018, served fresh, cold-pressed juices and blended smoothies as well as acai bowls. JuiceLand still operates 25 shops in the Austin area. www.juiceland.com
4. High-end Austin-based jeweler Nak Armstrong opened a flagship boutique location at South Congress Avenue’s Music Lane development in early December at 1011 S. Congress Ave., Bldg. 2, Ste. 110, Austin. www.nakarmstrong.com
5. Regal Awnings opened Jan. 15 at 12707 Nutty Brown Road, Bldg. B-100, Austin. The locally owned business takes measurements and crafts and installs awnings for both residential and commercial buildings across Central Texas. Regal Awnings is located at the Nutty Brown Business Park, which has also welcomed Shower Doors of Austin and The Golf Club over the past two years. 512-829-5220. www.regalawnings.com