Updated Jan. 22 at 10:08 a.m. to correct the second bullet. Grandview Hills Elementary will receive elevator updates, not Leander Middle School.
Posted Jan. 18 at 8:38 p.m.
The 2018 components of Leander ISD’s 10-Year Major Maintenance Plan include upgrades to Cedar Park High School’s athletic facilities and other renovations throughout the district, according to LISD documents.
The LISD board of trustees approved the plan at its meeting Jan. 18.
“The district recognizes the need to plan for major maintenance projects independent of bond funding,” LISD Superintendent Dan Troxell said.
He said the district designates funding each year for repairs and upgrades at district schools.
“These projects have been carefully studied, and LISD looks forward to investing in facilities that foster the growth of our students,” Troxell said.
According to Jan. 18 meeting documents some of the maintenance and renovation projects scheduled for the upcoming year include:
- resurfacing the tracks at Cedar Park Middle School, Monroe Stadium and Stiles Middle School;
- upgrading elevators at Grandview Hills Elementary and Leander High School’s 1300 wing;
- replacing the freezer and cooler systems at Cedar Park Middle School, Whitestone Elementary School and Vista Ridge High School;
- rebuilding athletic fields at Canyon Ridge Middle School and Leander Middle School;
- replacing deteriorated vinyl composition tiles at half of Leander Extended Opportunity (LEO) Center;
- replacing water heaters at Westside Elementary, Parkside Elementary and Grandview Hills Elementary schools; and
- modernizing Cedar Park High School’s athletic facilities.
The 2018 Major Maintenance Plan will cost $5,441,540, according to district documents.