The Leander Educational Excellence Foundation awarded $13,836 to 14 Leander ISD campuses and the administration office Sept. 26.
According to a press release, LEEF’s fall innovation grant program handed out 24 grants to the following:
• Akin Elementary School: Bailey Shimek, pre-K conference for professional development, $420;
• Block House Creek Elementary School: Diane Rausch, Makenzi Davis, Carrie Gereau and Jennifer Turquette, fourth-grade writer’s workshop, $500;
• Cox Elementary School: Anna Kelly, No Place for Hate—Little Justice Leaders, $500;
• Glenn High School: Stephanie Krauskopf, Math is Figureoutable, $308;
• Leander High School: Meaghan Wiechmann, adding diversity and engagement in ELA, $350; Cammie Toomey, Kagan Coaching Workshop, $500; Mara Johnson-Petrinec, NCSS/TCSS Conference, $400; and Maria E Molina, closing gaps in TSI math to achieve college readiness, $500
• Leander Middle School: Dana Thompson, building a safe and positive school culture, $365;
• LISD administration: Aline Crompton, skill for life, $500; Cristin Wicketts, Kid’s First: School Nurse Competency Fair and Conference, $4,140;
• Parkside Elementary School: Michelle Jamar, challenge for higher readers, $400; Kelly Looman and Carolyn Bryant, Teach Your Heart Out professional development, $417 each; Dan Sullivan, purposeful pathways composition and improvisation, $500;
• Pleasant Hill Elementary School: Kelly McMahan, adapted physical education team professional development, $450;
• Reed Elementary School: Carolyn Slavin, promoting literacy for students with dyslexia through audiobooks, $500;
• Rouse High School: Stephanie Smith and Chrissy Flanigan, Maestro Theatre workshops, $400;
• Rutledge Elementary School: Kathy Gehman, nonfiction reading fun, $480; Nancy Santucci, We Both Read, $370;
• Stiles Middle School: Rachel Glaser, new ways to reach students through ELA, $469;
• Vandegrift High School: Mima Nazarene, classroom library for ELL students, $500; Katie Stewart and Alex Magness, active history teacher resources for IB, $150; and
• Winkley Elementary School: Chelsea Murphy, specialized phonemic awareness training for special education, $300.
For more information on LEEF, visit www.leeftx.org.