Bee Cave accepts $1.8 million bid for road improvements throughout city

0

Following motorists’ complaints regarding ride quality on many roads in Bee Cave, officials moved forward with a plan to repair streets in the subdivisions of Bee Cave West, Falconhead West and Falconhead.

City Council voted during the June 11 meeting to award Lone Star Paving the contract with a $1.835 million bid, beating out Alpha Paving and Texas Materials Group, companies that posted $2.794 million and $2.823 million bids respectively.

Lone Star’s $1.835 million bid includes a $1.1 million base bid for streets including Vail Divide, Harrier Marsh, Falconhead Blvd. and Spillman Ranch Loop. Another $164,534 is included for alternate bid No. 1, $404,890 for alternate bid No. 2 and $176,231 for alternate bid No. 3.

In May, Bee Cave Director of Planning and Development Lindsey Oskoui said the base bid covers 67% of the entire project, with the remaining 33% going toward the alternate bids that will cover additional streets within the three listed neighborhoods.

Information from the city states the total duration of the project will be approximately two months, and lane closures will be allowed from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. only. Most of the road work will consist of milling and overlaying, and should be complete by mid-August, according to city staff.

For much more information on the road repair project, click here.

Share this story
COMMENT

Leave A Reply

Brian Rash
Brian has been a reporter and editor since 2012. He wrote about the music scene in Dallas-Fort Worth before becoming managing editor for the Graham Leader in Graham, Texas, in 2013. He relocated to Austin, Texas, in 2015 to work for Gatehouse Media's large design hub. He became the editor for the Lake Travis-Westlake publication of Community Impact in August 2018.
Back to top