- ABIA has received 7.31 total inches of rain since Jan. 1, compared to only 4.15 inches over the same time last year, and 5.91 inches on average.
- January was the wettest month of the winter, with 4.65 inches of precipitation, 2.45 inches above ABIA's January average.
- High temperatures in January were 6.6 degrees above average. High temperatures in February were 11.7 degrees above average. High temperatures in March have been 3.8 degrees above average.
- Feb. 23 was the hottest day of the winter, reaching 90 degrees at ABIA.
- ABIA recorded a reading of 16 degrees Jan. 8, the lowest temperature of winter.
5 winter weather highlights from the Austin area
The first day of spring is March 20 for the Northern Hemisphere.
March 20 may mark the first day of spring, but the Austin area has already experienced above average temperatures and rainfall this year. Here are five winter weather highlights based on data collected by the National Weather Service at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Jan. 1-March 16.