1. Bakery Fluff Meringues & More will open a pop-up shop Dec. 1 at The Wayback Cafe and Cottages, a cafe and hotel located at 9601 Bee Caves Road, Austin. The “Fluff-On-The Go” pop-up will include a limited menu of meringues, pastries and hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows, according to a press release from the company. Fluff Meringues & more is run by pastry chef Megan Rowan and restaurateur Kristin Collins and operates from a location on Burnet Road. The pop-up will be open daily from 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. and will run through the holiday season. Preorders will also be accommodated two days in advance. 512-387-0605. www.fluff-meringues.com
2. International House of Pancakes opened its newest Austin-area location in the Four Points area at 7710 N. RM 620, Austin, in October. The nationwide restaurant chain sells classic breakfast fare, including pancakes and waffles alongside its own signature items. 512-772-2719. www.ihop.com
3. Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Group purchased Davenport 360, a 37,500-square-foot office building at 6001 Bold Ruler Way, West Lake Hills, according to an Oct. 22 press release. The insurance group operates in all 50 states and provides insurance and risk management solutions for various health care, pharmacy and grocery markets. Pharmacist Mutual plans to open within the space by 2021. 800-247-5930. www.phmic.com
4. Pravo Construction announced in November it would open a new headquarters at Two Barton Skyway, 1601 S. Mopac Expressway, Austin. The commercial construction company official moved into its new headquarters Nov. 1. 512-387-5835. www.pravoconstruction.com
5. See’s Candies opened a new location in November in the Westbank Market at 3300 Bee Caves Road, Ste. 420, West Lake Hills. The shop sells American-made candies and chocolates and has been in business for over 90 years, according to the company’s website. The West Lake Hills location will feature a limited menu, including lollipops, peanut brittle and boxed chocolates, and will stay open until the end of the holiday season. See’s Candies has an additional Austin location at 10710 Research Blvd., Austin.
6. Verona Ristorante Italiano temporarily closed its doors at 900 S. RM 620, Lakeway. The Italian restaurant will remain completely closed due to protective measures put in place amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to a statement posted outside of the restaurant. A reopening date has not been announced. 512-288-3800. www.veronaustin.com