Here's the most recent business news from the Lake Travis-Westlake area.
1. After a temporary closure in light of the coronavirus pandemic, Bee Cave Arts Foundation reopened its community art space, The Hive, on Oct. 16 within the Hill Country Galleria at 12700 Hill Country Blvd., Bee Cave. The 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization celebrated its opening with three new exhibitions featuring more than 10 artists. 512-522-9467. www.beecavearts.org
2. Jalisco’s Taqueria opened in November within the food court at Barton Creek Square Mall. The Mexican restaurant is located at 2901 S. Capital of Texas Hwy., Austin, and has additional locations in Elgin, Bastrop and Cedar Creek. Founded by Raul Vasquez, a native of Jalisco, Mexico, Jalisco’s has been offering Mexican dishes for over 25 years, according to information from the Barton Creek Square Mall. 512-432-5036. www.jaliscosusa.com
3. Monarch Liquor is set to open a new Lakeway location Nov. 11 at 1700 N. RM 620, Ste. 107-B, Lakeway, next to Don Mario Mexican Restaurant. The storefront will offer a large selection of spirits, wines and beers and will feature a 17-door cooler and a built-in beer cave, according to the company’s website. Patrons can shop in store or place orders for delivery or curbside pickup. The location will also host future events and tastings. The liquor store has a second location in Austin at 1902 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. 512-614-4949. www.monarchliqour.com
4. Mynd Works Psychiatry opened Oct. 1 at 5000 Bee Caves Road, Ste. 106, West Lake Hills. The practice was founded by Kathie Bolles, who was inspired after spending 15 years struggling with her own treatment-resistant depression, according to a press release from Mynd Works.
“I spent years going on and off of various medications and dealing with all kinds of unpleasant side effects without ever really getting better,” Bolles said in the release.
Bolles is a board-certified psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner who created a treatment structure referred to as the treatment triad—a process that allows providers to provide a more precise treatment plan for anxiety and depression. The practice is taking new patients, and both initial and follow-up appointments may take place in person or virtually. 512-829-7792. www.myndworkspsych.com
5. Mirabelle Spa is celebrating its one-year anniversary in the Lakeway area. The face, body and skin spa is located at 1411 S. RM 620, Lakeway, and offers services such as Botox, CoolSculpting, facials and more. 512-668-9090. www.mirabellespa.com
6. Peoples Pharmacy, which has a location at 4201 Westbank Drive, Austin, celebrated its 40th anniversary Oct. 30. Owner Bill Swail opened the pharmacy in 1980 and quickly expanded. Today, Peoples Pharmacy has five locations across the Austin area. 512-327-8877. www.peoplesrx.com
7. Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Group has purchased Davenport 360, a 37,500-square-foot office building at 6001 Bold Ruler Way, West Lake Hills, according to an Oct. 22 press release. The insurance group operates in all 50 states and provides insurance and risk management solutions for various health care, pharmacy and grocery markets. Pharmacist Mutual plans to open within the space by 2021. 800-247-5930. www.phmic.com
8. The Lagree Studio reopened in a new space Oct. 8. After six years in business, the fitness studio relocated from its Hill Country Galleria location to 15500 W. Hwy. 71, Bldg. C, Ste.-150, Bee Cave. The studio, owned by Valentia Gaylord, offers classes in Lagree fitness, Megaformer and Versaclimber and has several awards under its belt, including the 2019 Mindbody Visionary Award and a Best of ATX recognition from Austin Fit Magazine. The Lagree Studio also has locations in downtown Austin and within Austin’s Arbor Town Square. 737-701-6911. www.thelagreestudio.com