*Some camps are not mapped due to multiple locations
Parents looking for camps for their children have a number of options to choose from in the Lake Travis-Westlake area, including virtual options for families looking to socially distance during the pandemic. Please check with individual camps for mask requirements and in-person availability.
1. Abacus Brain Gym Children ages 4-13 years old are introduced to mental math training and high-speed thinking by using an abacus that helps build mental calculation skills.
A+ DAY Dates: June 7-Aug. 20
Cost: $175 (weekly), $455 (3 months)
8650 Spicewood Springs Road, Ste. 124, Austin
2. All-Star Sports Camp Trained coaches will oversee games of soccer, basketball, dodgeball, capture the flag, volleyball and other games at SoccerZone. The camp is open to a limited number of participants this year, ages 5-12 years old.
DAY SP Dates: June 1-Aug. 17
Cost: $199 (per week, half day), $299 (per week, full day)
9501 Manchaca Road, Austin
3. Animal Planet Camp Electric Avenue Athletics will present a children’s summer camp centered on animals. Campers up to 12 years old will learn about animal sounds, tracks and habitats, and even have the opportunity to meet and interact with animals.
DAY Dates: June 14-18
Cost: $325 (discounts apply for siblings and when booking 3 or more weeks of camp)
5200 Electric Ave., Bldg. 2, Spicewood
4. ART + Academy is offering weeklong art camps for all ages and interests in both an in-person or virtual setting. The camps balance fun with expert instruction and can help young artists build upon drawing, painting and other artistic skills.
ART DAY Dates: June 1-Aug.13
2300 Lohmans Spur, Ste. 190, Lakeway
ATX Kids Club offers its annual mobile camp of educational field trips with an additional focus on health and fitness. Campers ages 4-12 are supervised as they explore Austin via Capital Metro transportation services, with weekly themes including nature, the arts, Texas and diversity. Financial assistance is available for perspective campers. A+ ART DAY Dates: June 7-Aug. 27
Cost: $375 (weekly)
Mobile camp with drop-off and pickup locations around Austin
5. Austin Yacht Club is hosting a junior sailing summer camp for children ages 8-16 years old. Campers will learn how to sail small sailboats and develop skills for sailboat racing. Other activities include crafts and swimming. Camp sessions are five days long.
DAY SP Dates: June 15-Aug. 7
5906 Beacon Drive, Austin
6. Ballet Intensive Lakeway nonprofit organization TexArts Association will host an intensive ballet camp focused on technical training and artistic development. Students ages 7-17 will receive high-caliber training, personal attention and individual corrections, according to TexArts.
ART DAY SP Dates: July 26-30
2300 Lohmans Spur, Ste. 160, Lakeway
7. Bluebonnet School Passport to Adventure Campers can chose from seven unique sessions that will teach children about cultures, customs, traditions, food and art from across the world. The curriculum of the camp focuses on science, technology, engineering, art and math. Campers can also play at the camp’s swimming pool, playground area and large splash pad. The camp is available for children past kindergarten to fifth grade.
ART DAY SP Dates: June 1-Aug. 11
10321 Boulder Lane, Austin
3420 El Salido Parkway., Cedar Park
512-331-9009 (Cedar Park)
8. Camp One World Campers ages 5-15 will put together a full-scale musical production of “The Emperor’s New Clothes.” In one week students will go from auditions to a public performance on the One World Theater stage.
ART DAY Cost: $350
7701 Bee Caves Rd., Austin
9. Cordovan Art School Campers ages five through 16 learn from artist-educators and create works of art in various mediums, such as clay, painting, drawing, sculpture, anime and drama. COVID-19 safety measures are in place, according to Cordovan Art School.
ART DAY Dates: May 26-Aug. 19
Cost: $107-$449 (per week, additional supply fee)
8108 Mesa Drive, Ste. B-102, Austin
10. Eanes ISD is hosting a summer blast camp for all children entering 1st grade through 6th grade in the 2021-22 academic year. The camp will feature education activities, special guests, arts and crafts, games and a weekly talent show.
ART DAY SP Dates: June 1-July 30
Multiple campus locations
11. KidVenture camp is open for children entering first grade through fifth grade. Camp activities include creative writing, yoga, archery, tag and other educational and athletic activities.
A+ DAY SP Dates: June 1-Aug. 6
Cost: $290 (weekly regular day camp)
105 Cross Creek, Lakeway
12. Martial Arts Camp Children ages six through 12 can participate in martial arts camps focused on TeauKweonDo hosted at the Lakeway Activity Center.
DAY SP Dates: June 21-25
105 Cross Creek, Lakeway
14. Musical Theater Camps TexArts will host several sessions of its annual “best of” musical theater camps centered around singing, dancing and acting. Camps are open to children ages five through 14 years old with full and half-day options available.
ART DAY Dates: May-Aug. (session dates available online)
Cost: $365 (full-day) $265 (half-day)
2300 Lohman’s Spur, Ste. 160, Lakeway
15. Parinama Academy Campers ages five through 14 years old have the opportunity to learn chess, public speaking skills, creative writing, spelling bee prep, Bollywood dance and geography bee prep among other topics. Online camps will be hosted over Zoom and Google Meet. In-person camps are subject to change based on CDC guidelines.
A+ ART DAY Dates: June 1-Aug. 17
Cost: $179 (half day) $249 (full day)
3109 Kenai Drive, Unt. 193, Cedar Park
16. RED Arena Horse Camp RED Arena will host an inclusive horse summer camp for kids with disabilities and their siblings. The camp will run Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., and will include horseback riding, crafts and gross and fine motor activities.
DAY SP Dates: June-Aug. (weekly)
1601 Bell Springs Road, Dripping Springs
17. St. Gabriel’s Catholic School The annual summer camp will offer sessions in a variety of areas, with subjects and programs varying through the summer. Campers ages three through 14 years old will work in the school’s d.lab for making, a collaborative space that promotes experiential learning with an emphasis on innovation, solution-seeking, and collaboration.
DAY SP Dates: June 7-Aug. 23
Cost: $150-300 (weekly)
2500 Wimberly Lane, Austin
YMCA of Austin YMCA provides multiple camp programs for children ages four through 14 which include swimming, games, crafts and field trips to places like Enchanted Rock. DAY SP XX
Dates: May 26-Aug. 7
Cost: $164-$275 (per week)
18. Young Rembrandts The Lakeway Activity Center will host its annual Young Rembrandts summer camp series for children ages five through 12 years old. The camp includes drawing workshops to develop motor skills, visualization, fundamental art skills and more. Children will have the opportunity to enlarge their vocabularies and enrich their imaginations. ART DAY
Dates: June 14-18 (five to seven years old) July 26-30 (six to 12 years old)
105 Cross Creek, Lakeway
1. Badgerdog Creative Writing Summer Camp Workshops allow children ages second grade through 12th grade to work with writers to explore, experiment, imagine and create new written works for publication. Camps are currently scheduled to be virtual, and access to Zoom and GoogleDrive is required. In-person summer camp workshops may be added at a later date.
A+ ART DAY NIGHT SP XX Dates: June 7-25, June 28-July 2, July 5-9, July 12-30, Aug. 2-6
Cost: $125 for spring break camp, $125-$300 for summer camp
2. Austin School of Film Summer camps offer hands-on learning experiences in film, animation and creative media for ages eight through 16. This year, campers receive a box of tools and supplies at their homes to participate in activities and receive free trials for relevant software.
A+ ART DAY NIGHT SP XX Dates: June-July
Cost: $680 (discounts for early registrant)
3. School of Rock Austin Youth musicians of all skill levels are invited to a week of music lessons and workshops at School of Rock Austin to sharpen skills on guitar, bass, drums, keyboard and vocals. The camp is open for children ages six through 18 years old.
A+ ART DAY NIGHT SP XX June 7-Aug. 13
$440 (virtual) $275-$550 in-person)
2525 W. Anderson Lane, Ste. 138, Austin