Facilities may be closed at Eanes ISD due to COVID-19, but the district is still celebrating its outstanding campus educators.
EISD announced its 2020 Campus Educators of the Year on April 20. Nine educators from each campus will now undergo interviews with the Westlake Rotary Club and EISD administration to determine the 2020 District Educator of the Year.
Superintendent Tom Leonard confirmed during an April 14 board study session that those interviews will take place virtually.
“Yes, we are sheltering in place, but we still want to honor our educators of the year,” Leonard said. “There’ll be more announcements to come.”
With social distancing measures in mind, district staff has been congratulating the campus educators of the year with decorated posters, balloons and other celebratory items.
EISD’s 2020 Campus Educators of the Year are as follows:
- Leslie Abbott, Barton Creek Elementary School kindergarten teacher;
- Tracie Mojica, Bridge Point Middle School fifth-grade teacher;
- Shannon Hardiman, Cedar Creek Elementary School second-grade and ELA Spanish immersion teacher;
- Jennie George, Eanes Elementary School first-grade and ELA Spanish immersion teacher;
- Kelly Dunning, Forest Trail Elementary School art teacher;
- Brooke Anderson, Valley View Elementary School student support counselor;
- Sarah Yurko, Hill Country Middle School drama teacher;
- Fred Benitez, West Ridge Middle School educational partner; and
- Chris Hanson, Westlake High School educational partner.