The Feb. 19 Lake Travis ISD school board meeting agenda contained several items for approval and discussion. Construction progress and increased budget allocations for staff were discussed by trustees. Here is a breakdown of the meeting:
- Following a previous delay, LTISD is moving forward with extension plans designated for Spillman Loop. Robert Winovitch, the director of facilities and construction, presented the board with a change order request totaling $723,0000. Read the full story here.
- LTISD, a fast-growing school district, experienced an unexpected spike in its special education enrollment during the 2019-20 school year. Staffing allocations were determined based on an estimated 12% increase; however, the increase was closer to 29%, according to district information. The board approved additional allocations to increase and attract new staff members. Read the full story here.
- The district has been working toward an extension project at Vail Divide for nearly five years, according to Superintendent Brad Lancaster, who said the construction will greatly improve traffic on Hamilton Pool Road. Moving forward with the project, the board reviewed a contract draft with Malone Wheeler for engineering services. Read the full story here.
- The district voted to place a plot of land behind Lakeway Elementary School on the market. LTISD determined the 12.5 acres of land located at 1701 Lohmans Crossing is not necessary to meet current or foreseeable educational needs. Read the full story here.
- The Lake Travis High School band will soon get an updated trailer for instruments and equipment. The board approved the purchase of a trailer for $105,000, which will be funded by the 2018 bond program. Read the full story here.