Here are the five most-viewed Georgetown stories posted online in January.
1. 15 new and soon-to-come dining spots in Georgetown (Posted Jan. 21)
From our recent Annual Community Guide, this list shows restaurants and cafes that opened in 2018 or plan to open this year.
2. What’s ahead in 2019: Apple plans new campus in Williamson County (Posted Jan. 16)
Apple’s announcement in December that it plans to invest $1 billion in a new corporate campus at Robinson Ranch in Northwest Austin, just within Williamson County boundaries, will be a top local issue to follow this year.
3. What’s ahead in 2019: Wolf Lakes Village nears groundbreaking (Posted Jan. 15)
For Iva Wolf McLachlan, president of Wolf Lakes LP, a 2019 start to the Wolf Lakes Village project at I-35 and Hwy. 29 would culminate years of planning for the 164-acre property, a portion of which was the last piece of Georgetown land bought by her father, Jay Wolf, before he died in 1996.
4. Georgetown electricity bills will increase Feb. 1 following revenue loss (Posted Jan. 23)
An average utility customer using 949 kilowatt-hours of electricity per month will see a $12.82 increase, according to the city. The increase will continue until September.
5. Sweet Lemon Inn and Kitchen closes inn portion, opens event space (Posted Jan. 18)
Now known as Sweet Lemon Kitchen, the restaurant at 812 S. Church St., Georgetown, will convert its former guest rooms into event spaces.