The big picture
Most city of Georgetown pools close in August as students head back to school and the summer swim season comes to a close.
Each city-run pools has a slightly different schedule for the remainder of the summer. The Georgetown Parks & Recreation department announced the upcoming modified swim schedule in a July 31 news release.
- Recreation Center outdoor pool
- Aug. 14-16: open noon-7 p.m.
- Aug. 17-18: closed
- Aug. 19-26: open weekends only from noon-7 p.m.
- Aug. 26: last day to swim
- Williams Drive Pool
- Aug. 12-Sept. 3: open weekends only 1-7 p.m.
- Sept. 4: last day to swim
- Village Pool and River Ridge Pool
- Aug. 13: last day to swim
Due to parts of the city being under Stage 3 water restrictions, all city splash pads closed July 17 in an effort to conserve water.
Find more information about Georgetown's aquatics amenities here.