Biesheuvel added that the district is on track to complete several more projects by August.
In January, the board approved the additional projects at a cost of $7.2 million, to be completed with savings from the 2015 and 2018 school bonds. Since then, two have been completed, including the purchase of a micro-bus for $62,278 and the replacement of audio equipment at the GISD Athletic Complex for $146,902, Biesheuvel said.
The following five projects will be completed by August.
- Replacement of basketball goals and hall doors in Georgetown High School gym
- Construction of canopy outside of East View High School weight room
- Replacement of lights with LEDs in campus parking lots, athletic field lights and EVHS competition gym
- Construction of practice putting green to serve EVHS and GHS
- Purchase of band uniforms at GHS and EVHS
Approximately $2.8 million remains for the additional nine projects, Biesheuvel said.