Jarrell Mayor Larry Bush asked members of the Williamson County Citizens Bond Committee to consider several road projects to help prepare for rapid population growth in the city during a May 30 meeting.
The meeting allowed for Precinct 3 governing bodies—including the city of Georgetown, the Sonterra Municipal Utility District and Williamson County—to present potential road and park projects.
“[The city of Jarrell] is now dealing with the Central Texas corridor growth that we are all dealing with,” Bush said.
Jarrell has requested road bond projects that would help move drivers from west to east of the city. Jarrell stands to grow by the thousands as more people move to Central Texas and more homes are put on the nearby municipal utility district, Bush said.
The Sonterra MUD is planning to add 7,000 homes to the area over the next four years, he said.
Jarrell’s top priority is to widen and extend CR 314. Bush said the extension would help get kids to school as Jarrell ISD is opening a second elementary school in fall 2019 and is planning on a third elementary school in the near future.
Jarrell is also asking for help in extending CR 310 to CR 239 and extending CR 314 to circle north and connect to the CR 305 bridge and I-35, among other projects.
Bush said while the city would like to do these projects itself, Jarrell is currently putting all of its money toward increasing the capacity of the wastewater treatment plant.
The city of Georgetown and Williamson County also presented projects they would like to be considered in potential bond packages.
The bond committee is made up of nine members who were tasked with hearing road and park requests from cities, school districts and municipal utility districts across the county. The committee will make a recommendation to county commissioners by July 4 on whether a bond election should be called and, if so, which projects should be included.
Other projects presented for Precinct 3:
- Corridor E4 to connect future Hwy. 29 to Ronald Reagan Boulevard extension
- Corridor E5 to connect Ronald Reagan Boulevard extension to I-35
- FM 3405 extension
- CR 110 from CR 107 to Patriot Way
- CR 175 from Creek Meadow Cove to RM 2243
- CR 176 bridge at San Gabriel River
- Fix interchange at Maple Street and Inner Loop
- Drainage improvements to Rabbit Hollow Lane
- RM 2243 from Ronald Reagan Boulevard to Southwest Bypass
- Ronald Reagan Boulevard widening
- Tracy Chambers Lane extension
- CR 245 from RM 2338 to Ronald Reagan Boulevard
- Intersection improvements at Ronald Reagan and Silver Spur boulevards
- Intersection improvements at Ronald Reagan and Sun City boulevards
- Add northbound exit ramp at Ronald Reagan Boulevard and Hwy. 195
- CR 314 safety improvements and widening
- Southwest Bypass extension to Hwy. 29
- Westinghouse Road from FM 1460 to Hwy. 130
- SE Inner Loop extension from Sam Houston Avenue to Hwy. 29