Mark Chesnutt to headline 2020 Red Poppy Festival in Georgetown

The annual Red Poppy Festival on the Georgetown Square runs April 24-26. (Courtesy Georgetown Convention & Visitors Bureau)

This year the Georgetown Red Poppy Festival Saturday night headliner will be country music singer-songwriter Mark Chesnutt, a news release said.

Chesnutt’s top singles include “Brother Jukebox,” “I’ll Think of Something,” “It Sure is Monday” and “I Just Wanted You to Know,” the release said.

The annual festival on the Georgetown Square runs April 24-26 with live music, entertainment, family fun, food, and more than 120 arts and craft vendors.

The Friday night concert features Dysfunkshun Junkshun. Other festival highlights include the Red Poppy parade Saturday at 10 a.m. and the car show Saturday at 11 a.m.

The official 2020 Red Poppy Festival poster is on sale for $5 starting April 3 at the Visitors Center at 103 W. Seventh St. The poster artist, Aisling Kelleher, will be at the Visitors Center April 3 from 6-8 p.m. signing posters. The first 50 posters are free.

See more at http://redpoppyfestival.com.
SHARE THIS STORY
By Sally Grace Holtgrieve

Sally Grace Holtgrieve solidified her passion for news during her time as Editor-in-Chief of Christopher Newport University's student newspaper, The Captain's Log. She started her professional career at The Virginia Gazette and moved to Texas in 2015 to cover government and politics at The Temple Daily Telegram. She started working at Community Impact Newspaper in February 2018 as the Lake Travis-Westlake reporter and moved into the role of Georgetown editor in June 2019.

Georgetown ISD rezoning 2020
Georgetown ISD board finalizes rezoning for 2020-21 school year

Students at Pickett, Carver and Mitchell elementary schools as well as Wagner Middle School will be affected.

Sue Harrison Georgetown ISD Round Rock ISD
Georgetown ISD names Sue Harrison as director of human resources

Harrison will start in her new role March 9.

Mango Tango Bistro and Bar Georgetown
Asian fusion restaurant coming to Georgetown Square

The bistro and bar plans to open in mid-March.

Local committee works to see Georgetown completely counted in U.S. census

Members will work to educate residents so they know what to expect and when regarding the census, which, ideally, will make them more likely to respond.

Meet the artist, more details on the new Gus's Drug mural in Georgetown

On March 2, the artist will begin drawing out the design on the wall.

Abed Yaghi makes a margherita pizza. (Sally Grace Holtgrieve/Community Impact Newspaper)
Yaghi's New York Pizzeria offering fresh yet affordable options since 1999

There are eight Yaghi's locations in the Austin area.

Annunciation Maternity Home provides day care while moms work or are in school. (Ali Linan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Annunciation Maternity Home: helping women in crisis pregnancies secure promising futures in Georgetown

The home works with women ages 12-30 who are experiencing crisis pregnancies, including issues such as bouts of homelessness, excessive debt or abuse

Kelsie Cabrera opened Brave Vira Yoga in September 2018. (Ali Linan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Georgetown's Brave Vira Yoga studio owner found passion for her practice through military experience

Brave Vira offers mostly heated and nonheated vinyasa flow-based, or continuous movement, classes.

2TX Biz & BBQ
Brokerage and barbecue joint opens in Georgetown

Brokerage and barbecue joint 2TX BIz & BBQ opened Feb. 14.

Georgetown ISD board of trustees
UPDATE: Georgetown ISD adopts 2-year calendar Feb. 18

Families can plan ahead with the 2020-21 and 2021-22 school year calendars.

The Georgetown mayor is elected at-large and the council members are elected from single-member districts. This map shows the district breakdown in the city. (Courtesy city of Georgetown)
Candidates file to run for Georgetown mayor, City Council seats

The deadline to file for a place on the May 2 election ballot was Feb. 14.

Georgetown ISD
See who is running for Georgetown ISD school board

Five people have filed for two seats in the May 2 Georgetown ISD school board election.

Back to top