Mark Chesnutt to headline 2020 Red Poppy Festival in Georgetown

The annual Red Poppy Festival on the Georgetown Square runs April 24-26. (Courtesy Georgetown Convention & Visitors Bureau)

This year the Georgetown Red Poppy Festival Saturday night headliner will be country music singer-songwriter Mark Chesnutt, a news release said.

Chesnutt’s top singles include “Brother Jukebox,” “I’ll Think of Something,” “It Sure is Monday” and “I Just Wanted You to Know,” the release said.

The annual festival on the Georgetown Square runs April 24-26 with live music, entertainment, family fun, food, and more than 120 arts and craft vendors.

The Friday night concert features Dysfunkshun Junkshun. Other festival highlights include the Red Poppy parade Saturday at 10 a.m. and the car show Saturday at 11 a.m.

The official 2020 Red Poppy Festival poster is on sale for $5 starting April 3 at the Visitors Center at 103 W. Seventh St. The poster artist, Aisling Kelleher, will be at the Visitors Center April 3 from 6-8 p.m. signing posters. The first 50 posters are free.

See more at http://redpoppyfestival.com.
SHARE THIS STORY
By Sally Grace Holtgrieve

Sally Grace Holtgrieve solidified her passion for news during her time as Editor-in-Chief of Christopher Newport University's student newspaper, The Captain's Log. She started her professional career at The Virginia Gazette and moved to Texas in 2015 to cover government and politics at The Temple Daily Telegram. She started working at Community Impact Newspaper in February 2018 as the Lake Travis-Westlake reporter and moved into the role of Georgetown editor in June 2019.

The first death from coronavirus was reported in Williamson County Saturday morning. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Williamson County reports first death related to coronavirus

First death attributed to coronavirus in Williamson County was a male in his 70s.

Hillside Nursery has added curbside pickup and delivery options for customers who want plants and social distance. (Courtesy Hillside Nursery)
Georgetown nursery selling record amount of vegetable seeds amid coronavirus outbreak

“Vegetables have sold like no other year. Even our suppliers are low," Rosie Serna said.

The business plans to produce 100 gallons of sanitizer over the next week. (Community Impact Newspaper)
Cedar Park brewery working to mix 100 gallons of sanitizer for Williamson County

The business plans to produce 100 gallons of sanitizer over the next week.

While the agency is still tallying the number of unemployment insurance claims filed thus far in March, in the week prior to March 25, at least 150,000 claims had been filed. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Official: Increase in calls for statewide unemployment benefits is ‘almost vertical’

According to Serna, on an average day the Texas Workforce Commission’s four call centers statewide receive 13,000-14,000 calls; on March 22, the agency received 100,000 calls regarding unemployment insurance benefit inquiries.

Georgetown ISD has extended school closure through April 13. (Ali Linan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Georgetown ISD extends school closure through April 13

The district will continue to provide breakfast and lunch for students.

The Austin Board of Realtors is recommending all of its realtor members suspend in-person real estate showings until further notice. (Community Impact file photo)
ABoR ‘strongly discourages’ real estate showings

The Austin Board of Realtors is recommending all of its realtor members suspend in-person real estate showings until further notice.

(Courtesy University of Texas at Austin)
Central Texas officials: 90% reduction in interaction needs to happen immediately

New modeling from UT shows region could run out of hospital beds without reducing interaction.

Matthew Bertling teaches a virtual class with his daughter Adryn. (Courtesy Valor Martial Arts)
Georgetown martial arts studio kicks off online class options

Valor is using two different platforms to stream classes: Zoom allows interaction with students by name, and Facebook Live allows students to do the classes on their own timing.

Williamson County's stay-at-home order is enforceable by up to $1,000 fine and six months in jail, officials said. (Ali Linan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Williamson County's stay-at-home order enforceable by up to $1,000 fine and 6 months in jail, officials say

The order went into effect at 11:59 p.m. March 24 and will continue through April 13.

Leander ISD child nutrition services employees carry out a table of lunches at Bagdad Elementary School in Leander on March 25. (Brian Perdue/Community Impact Newspaper)
The Texas Tribune: Students no longer need to be present to pick up free meals from schools

After pleas from Texas school superintendents and lawmakers, the U.S. Department of Agriculture granted school districts more flexibility on how and what they feed students in free and reduced-price meals.

Back to top