Alex Fuller and Mary Calixtro head into runoff for Georgetown City Council District 1 race

Alex Fuller is leading the race for Georgetown City Council District 1. (Courtesy Alex Fuller)

Mary Calixtro will face Alex Fuller in a run off. (Courtesy Mary Fuller)

Updated 11 p.m.

Alex Fuller and Mary Calixtro will enter a runoff for the Georgetown City Council District 1 seat.

Fuller received 43.48% of votes and Calixtro received 38.70% with 58 out of 58 polling locations reporting at 11 p.m. on Nov. 5.

The third candidate, Stevie Jones, received 17.83%. A total of 460 votes were cast, with Fuller winning 200, Calixtro 178 and Jones 82.

All results are unofficial until canvassed.

Original post

Alex Fuller is leading the Georgetown City Council District 1 race with 47.14% of early votes, according to the Williamson County Clerk.

Mary Calixtro had 30.48% and Stevie Jones had 22.38% of early votes.

There were a total of 210 early votes. Fuller had 99, Calixtro had 64 and Jones had 47.

The vacant seat was created when Anna Eby resigned from the city council on Aug. 2. The winner of this election will complete the remainder of the term ending in May 2021.

Georgetown City Council members typically serve three-year terms representing one of seven single-member districts.

By Sally Grace Holtgrieve
Sally Grace Holtgrieve solidified her passion for news during her time as Editor-in-Chief of Christopher Newport University's student newspaper, The Captain's Log. She started her professional career at The Virginia Gazette and moved to Texas in 2015 to cover government and politics at The Temple Daily Telegram. She started working at Community Impact Newspaper in February 2018 as the Lake Travis-Westlake reporter and moved into the role of Georgetown editor in June 2019.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced Phase 3 of his Open Texas plan June 3. (Brian Rash/Community Impact Newspaper)
Gov. Greg Abbott's June 3 guidelines allow most Texas businesses to operate at 50% capacity

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott continues to lift coronavirus-related business restrictions.

Thirteen additional confirmed cases of coronavirus were reported by the Williamson County and Cities Health District on June 3. (Community Impact staff)
13 additional cases reported June 3 in Williamson County

Of the confirmed cases, 424 have recovered, the report said.

Legendary baseball player Nolan Ryan has long enjoyed ranching. Now, he and his team are preparing to open a butcher shop in Round Rock to showcase Goodstock, Nolan Ryan Beef and other Texas-made products. (Photo courtesy Nolan Ryan)
Nolan Ryan to open Round Rock butcher shop and 20 other Central Texas business updates to know

Read the latest news on Central Texas businesses from Community Impact Newspaper's latest coverage.

About 200-300 protesters gathered around the Georgetown Square on June 3 to protest police brutality and the death of George Floyd. (Courtesy Williamson County)
Protesters gather June 3 at Georgetown Square; city officials respond

The city and protest organizers asked people to protest peacefully.

Nick and Coreena Ferrata stand outside the new Coreena's' Bridal location in downtown Georgetown. (Courtesy Coreena's Bridal)
Coreena's Bridal to open in downtown Georgetown this fall

The bridal shop plans to open in Georgetown on Sept. 1.

Census reinstates some field operations in Texas following coronavirus delay. (Courtesy U.S. Census Bureau)
Census reinstates some field operations in Texas following coronavirus delay

Operations began in Fort Worth, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio beginning May 25.

Southwestern interim President Dale Knobel addressed the George Floyd death and civil unrest throughout country in a June 2 letter to the community. (Ali Linan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Southwestern interim President Dale Knobel addresses George Floyd death, civil unrest throughout country

“It is by learning and living together, joining morality with understanding to grow into better people who contribute to the building up of a better society,” Knobel said.

Of the confirmed cases, 412 have recovered. (Community Impact staff)
Williamson County adds 6 confirmed cases of coronavirus June 2

Of the confirmed cases, 412 have recovered.

The court also approved the purchase of antibody tests for several county first responder entities. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Williamson County starts stockpile of personal protective equipment

The court also approved the purchase of antibody tests for several county first responder entities.

(Designed by Rachal Russell/Community Impact Newspaper)
Here is how to file a civil rights complaint in the Austin area

Citizens who feel they need to file a civil rights case against law enforcement have several avenues to make a complaint.