Alex Fuller and Mary Calixtro head into runoff for Georgetown City Council District 1 race

Alex Fuller is leading the race for Georgetown City Council District 1. (Courtesy Alex Fuller)

Mary Calixtro will face Alex Fuller in a run off. (Courtesy Mary Fuller)

Updated 11 p.m.

Alex Fuller and Mary Calixtro will enter a runoff for the Georgetown City Council District 1 seat.

Fuller received 43.48% of votes and Calixtro received 38.70% with 58 out of 58 polling locations reporting at 11 p.m. on Nov. 5.

The third candidate, Stevie Jones, received 17.83%. A total of 460 votes were cast, with Fuller winning 200, Calixtro 178 and Jones 82.

All results are unofficial until canvassed.

Original post

Alex Fuller is leading the Georgetown City Council District 1 race with 47.14% of early votes, according to the Williamson County Clerk.

Mary Calixtro had 30.48% and Stevie Jones had 22.38% of early votes.

There were a total of 210 early votes. Fuller had 99, Calixtro had 64 and Jones had 47.

The vacant seat was created when Anna Eby resigned from the city council on Aug. 2. The winner of this election will complete the remainder of the term ending in May 2021.

Georgetown City Council members typically serve three-year terms representing one of seven single-member districts.

By Sally Grace Holtgrieve
Sally Grace Holtgrieve solidified her passion for news during her time as Editor-in-Chief of Christopher Newport University's student newspaper, The Captain's Log. She started her professional career at The Virginia Gazette and moved to Texas in 2015 to cover government and politics at The Temple Daily Telegram. She started working at Community Impact Newspaper in February 2018 as the Lake Travis-Westlake reporter and moved into the role of Georgetown editor in June 2019, and in addition, editor of Leander-Cedar Park in August 2020.

Coho salmon is a popular product for Savory Alaska. (Taylor Girtman/Community Impact Newspaper)
Local business brings Alaskan fish to Central Texas markets

Fish from Savory Alaska taste like the ocean, the owners said, and lack the “fishy” taste that customers often avoid.

The daily coronavirus update did not come out on Oct. 19 and 20. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Williamson County daily coronavirus update stalled after inconsistencies are found

The daily coronavirus update did not come out on Oct. 19 and 20.

Williamson County Precinct 3 Commissioner Valerie Covey presented a virtual groundbreaking for the Ronald Reagan intersection improvement projects during an Oct. 20 Commissioners Court meeting. (Screenshot courtesy Williamson County)
Ronald Reagan intersection improvements slated to begin in December

Williamson County celebrated the start of the project with a virtual groundbreaking.

Early voting at the Ben Hur Shrine Temple
Some Austin-area polling locations have recorded 10,000-plus votes through first week of early voting

Three Williamson County polling locations have each reported more than 10,000 ballots cast in the first week of early voting.

Fewer Georgetown ISD high school students returned to on-campus learning for the second nine weeks. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Fewer Georgetown ISD high school students return to on-campus learning in second 9 weeks

About half of Georgetown ISD high schoolers are learning from home.

Georgetown ISD will begin accepting out-of-district transfer students. (Ali Linan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Georgetown ISD to begin accepting out-of-district transfer students

Students in grades pre-K-12 will be able to transfer into the district.

Capital Metro celebrated the opening of a renovated and expanded downtown Austin MetroRail hub Oct. 19. (Courtesy Capital Metro)
Capital Metro opens downtown Austin station and more Central Texas news

Read the latest business and community news from the Austin area.

Nearly one third of Williamson County's registered voters have turned out in the first six days of early voting. (Ali Linan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Williamson County reports highest early voting turnout percentage in Texas

Nearly one third of Williamson County's registered voters have turned out in the first six days of early voting.

Georgetown ISD changes district calendar to assist overloaded teachers. (Ali Linan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Georgetown ISD adds 5 student holidays to 2020-21 calendar

The change was made to help overloaded teachers, officials said.

Here are the coronavirus data updates to know today in Williamson County. (Community Impact staff)
44 coronavirus cases, 1 death reported in Williamson County on Oct. 16

Here are the coronavirus data updates to know today in Williamson County.