TCEQ announces public hearing dates for Edwards Aquifer Protection Program

The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality will conduct public hearings Oct. 22 and 23 to receive comments from the public on actions the commission should take to protect the Edwards Aquifer from pollution.

According to a press release, the annual public hearings for the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program assist the commission in its shared responsibility with local governments, such as cities and groundwater conservation districts, to protect the water quality of the aquifer.

The TCEQ will receive all comments during annual public hearings related to the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program, and the press release said it is specifically seeking feedback on:

–Recent changes made to Edwards Aquifer Protection Program processes and application reviews
–Public participation and public notice related to plan reviews
–Regulation of aggregate production operations located over the Edwards Aquifer
–Compliance monitoring of plan-related best management practices following installation

The hearings will be held Monday, Oct. 22 at 1:30 p.m. at the TCEQ Park 35 Office Complex, 12100 Park 35 Circle, Building E, Room 201S, Austin, and Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 2:00 p.m. at the Tesoro Building, Alamo Area Council of Governments, Al J. Notzon III Board Room, 8700 Tesoro Drive, Ste. 100, San Antonio.

The hearings will be structured for the receipt of oral or written comments from the public, the release said. Individuals may present oral statements when called upon.

There will be no open discussion during the hearings, however agency staff members will be available to answer questions 30 minutes prior to and 30 minutes after the conclusion of the hearing. Registration will begin 30 minutes before the hearing.

Written comments should reference the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program and may be sent to Anne Ruthstrom, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, Program Support Section, MC 174, P.O. Box 13087, Austin, Texas 78711-3087 or e-mailed to anne.ruthstrom@tceq.texas.gov. Comments must be received by 5:00 p.m., Oct. 23.
SHARE THIS STORY
By Sally Grace Holtgrieve

Sally Grace Holtgrieve solidified her passion for news during her time as Editor-in-Chief of Christopher Newport University's student newspaper, The Captain's Log. She started her professional career at The Virginia Gazette and moved to Texas in 2015 to cover government and politics at The Temple Daily Telegram. She started working at Community Impact Newspaper in February 2018 as the Lake Travis-Westlake reporter and moved into the role of Georgetown editor in June 2019.

Both roads will be closed for NBU projects. (Courtesy Fotolia)
Road closures scheduled to begin Jan. 20

Lakeview Boulevard and Drawbridge Trail will be closed for NBU projects.

Texas oil and gas industry could see a major slowdown in 2020

The oil and natural gas industry paid a record-setting $16.3 billion in taxes and royalties to local governments and the state in 2019, the Texas Oil and Gas Association announced Tuesday.

New Braunfels has announced Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday hours. (Ian Pribanic/Community Impact Newspaper)
City of New Braunfels announces Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday hours

In observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, city of New Braunfels offices will be closed or have adjusted hours.

Gypsy Waltz Hot Yoga Studio celebrates 1-year anniversary with new expansion

Gypsy Waltz Hot Yoga Studio is celebrating a year in business in January by expanding its floor space to …

River Crest Family Dental will relocate in January. (Courtesy Fotolia)
River Crest Family Dental relocating this month

River Crest Family Dental is relocating to 3029 Independence Drive, Ste. 100, New Braunfels, this January. …

The Retreat at Creekside coming to New Braunfels in December 2020

A 281-unit apartment complex, The Retreat at Creekside , is planned to open in December 2020 near Creekside …

Lariat Springs retreat and conference center coming soon to New Braunfels

A new retreat destination and luxury conference center, Lariat Springs , is scheduled to open in March near …

The construction on California Boulevard is expected to last six months. (Courtesy Fotolia)
California Boulevard improvements underway

The work, which began the week of Jan. 6, will include pot base repairs; mill and overlay; sidewalk construction and ADA ramp installations.

Clouds roll into Travis County ahead of rain on Jan. 10. (Nicholas Cicale/Community Impact Newspaper)
Update: Flood advisories and severe thunderstorm watches in effect as storms enter Central Texas

The Greater Austin area, from Georgetown and parts further north running south past Dripping Springs, is under a severe weather alert as a storm set to hit later this afternoon is predicted by weather officials to carry damaging effects.

NBU's main office has been located on the Main Plaza since 1942. (Courtesy Ian Pribanic/Community Impact Newspaper)
NBU announces plans to relocate from current facility

NBU's main office has been located on the Main Plaza since 1942.

Courtesy New Braunfels Candle Co.
7 locally-owned shops to check out

New Braunfels is home to a variety of locally owned businesses that offer food, antiques and other goods.

Back to top