1. Ajo owners open high-end steak and seafood restaurant in Round Rock
Swank, 118 E. Main St., Round Rock, opened in June. The casual upscale restaurant with high-end steak and seafood is owned by the owners of Ajo, a restaurant directly across the street at 121 E. Main St. www.swankroundrock.com
2. Cookie Advantage opens a new franchise location in Hutto
Cookie Advantage, 409 W. Front St., Ste. 208, Hutto, opened May 5. The franchise company has shipped more than 20 million cookies as gifts or for special occasions. Single orders, corporate accounts and fundraising opportunities are available. 512-953-7273. www.cookieadvantage.com
3. Taco N' Mama serving up tacos, carnitas, barbacoa and cochinita in Round Rock
Taco N’ Mama, 3250 E. Palm Valley Blvd., Round Rock, opened in May. The restaurant offers tacos, carnitas, barbacoa and cochinita. 512-494-5166.
4. Warpath Pints and Pizza on Palm Valley Boulevard now open in Round Rock
Warpath Pints and Pizza, 1116 E. Palm Valley Blvd., Round Rock, opened in May. The restaurant serves pizzas, spirits and craft beers. Takeout and delivery are available. 512-497-3245. www.warpathpintsandpizza.com
5. New Subway restaurant opens on Palm Valley Boulevard
Subway, 3250 E. Palm Valley Blvd., Round Rock, opened in May. The restaurant serves sub sandwiches and salads for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 512-494-5166. www.subway.com
6. Urban Sips + Sweets serving shaved ice and gourmet sodas in Hutto
Urban Sips + Sweets opened on June 7 at 5000 Gattis School Road, Hutto. The business serves Hawiian-style shaved ice and gourmet sodas with an Austin twist. Toppings for the shaved ice include sour spray, gummy worms and ice cream scoops.
7. More than 70 flavors and toppings available at new Creamistry, now open in Round Rock
Creamistry, 201 University Oaks Blvd., Ste. 780, Round Rock, opened its doors June 7. The ice cream eatery allows diners to custom make their ice cream in a scientific process using liquid nitrogen. Creamistry’s menu features more than 70 flavors and toppings. 512-243-8113. www.creamistry.com
8. Michi Ramen opens on Pflugerville's Grand Avenue Parkway
Michi Ramen, 1615 Grand Avenue Parkway, Pflugerville, opened a take-out and delivery business on May 23. The business is a ramen house with Texas flair, offering combinations of ramen, broth and toppings to customers. The business has three Austin locations. 512-251-1311. www.michiramen.com
9. The Hippo Hut bar and restaurant opens on FM 1660 in Hutto
The Hippo Hut, 212 S. FM 1660, Hutto, opened June 2. The locally owned and operated bar and restaurant features live music, beer and quick bite food service with northern versions of traditional Texas dishes. 512-844-4551.
10. Krack of Dawn Donuts adds '& Kafé' to name after adding full breakfast and brunch menu
Krack of Dawn Donuts, 300 University Blvd., Round Rock, became Krack of Dawn Donuts & Kafé to reflect its full breakfast and brunch menu in addition to its doughnuts. The cafe also now serves John Brotherton’s brisket. 512-992-0376. www.koddonuts.com